2012 F-250- best leveling kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 F-250- best leveling kit

I just bought a 2012 F-250 lariat fx4 6.7. I am looking to level the truck but run stock rims. I am wanting to hear some opinions on what is the best leveling kit (quality and ride) and what is the best tire to run on factory rim? thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 05:27 PM

I have heard some talk about Icon and Carli lifts. What are the thoughts on these lifts as far as quality and ride? What would my best option for a leveling kit be if I want to stay leveled when pulling a load (5k or less)? I want really wanna run anything bigger than 35s but I wanna feel the fender wells good. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Here is some info about the upcoming Carli 2.5" kits:

Carli Leveling Kit Sneak Peak!

Hopefully they will have solid pricing details available in the next few weeks.

Last edited by Skyd Ram; 09-20-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just posted my pictures in that thread as well! I can tell you the only truck that rides better than mine (that I've been in) is the 2008 pictured in the thread above. The longer springs make the rear quite plush.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I run the Icon stage 2 lift with track bar and duel stabilizers on mine. Its ride great and you get 50% more wheel travel out of it. Vs a spacer type lift. I like the ride better than stock. I can't say about the Carli lift but the 2012's come with longer and wider rear springs. And its hard to see how adding more springs to the F250's spring pack would make it more plush. Just saying. 35-12.5 would run good with stock wheels. And if your not offloading much I would look at Icon Stage 1 with a track bar or Icon spring kit with Bilstines shocks and track bar.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlxjim View Post
I run the Icon stage 2 lift with track bar and duel stabilizers on mine. Its ride great and you get 50% more wheel travel out of it. Vs a spacer type lift. I like the ride better than stock. I can't say about the Carli lift but the 2012's come with longer and wider rear springs. And its hard to see how adding more springs to the F250's spring pack would make it more plush. Just saying. 35-12.5 would run good with stock wheels. And if your not offloading much I would look at Icon Stage 1 with a track bar or Icon spring kit with Bilstines shocks and track bar.

Because we remove the lower overload and the upper helper and replace them with a progressive multi-spring add-a-pack for progressive spring engagement. More comfortable in all situations and maintains factory load capacity.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

See here is were it gets weird. We had at one time a large tread on the rear springs on the 2011-12 F250 - F350's. Some of us went back to the dealer and looked at all the trucks on the lot. What we found is that most all F350's had 3 to 4 +1 helper springs. On the F250's some (few) had 4 +1 helper. Some had 3 +1 helper with camper package. But most had (like mine) only 3 springs. So with that you would take off my bottom short spring and add 5 in its place. You can see were one can get confused. Ford had stated that going to the new longer wider 2 with 1 over load was to improve the ride.

F350 with Carli spring pack

Here is the F250 stock springs

Last edited by vlxjim; 09-19-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We gurantee that you can carry the same payload that your truck could carry stock; therefore, we ONLY REMOVE the overload (Thick leaf on the bottom that doesn't follow the contour of the pack) and the helper (thin separated leaf on the top that hits the pads extending from the frame under load.) The main pack remains and we essentially add a progressive version of the overload to ensure you can still haul and the leaf pack is still supported but the edge is taken off your ride.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:08 PM

how does this icon lift ride compared to stock? i have never leveled a truck where they didnt guarentee that it will not affect the facotry ride and everytime the trucks suspension ended up being a lot stiffer and in my opinion it rode worse. is there any way to level the truck and not have the drake in the back when under a light load?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ford#2oil For This Useful Post:
DeanRyan (12-29-2013)
Old 09-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The ICON rides better than stock but they don't adress the rear springs so it still hops. I just had a customer come in after 20 days with his ICON system and he switched to our pintop after adding our full spring pack to his ICON suspension because they didn't address the rear on his $6000 suspension system. Not bashing, take it for what it's worth...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.