Westin HDX Grill Guard install help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 07:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Westin HDX Grill Guard install help

Just bought a Westin HDX grill guard for my 2011 F250. The instructions dont say squat about cutting into the plastic piece below the front bumper but I cant see any way around besides just deleting it. Anyone have one of these??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKIN11 View Post
Just bought a Westin HDX grill guard for my 2011 F250. The instructions dont say squat about cutting into the plastic piece below the front bumper but I cant see any way around besides just deleting it. Anyone have one of these??
I don't have one... but just looked on their website, and the application guide has a footnote for 2011-2012 Super Duty that states: "Trimming of the lower bumper valance required"

Westin Automotive Products, Inc. | Premium quality truck, car, SUV, and CUV accessories
Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the Winch Mount Sportsman and Cutting it is a pain in the butt. Measured it out like 4 times and then cut. Still had to trim a bit once I got it in there. My instructions didnt give dimentions just the fact you have to cut it
Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 AM

Yeah ok I was pretty sure that was the case thanks for the help..I will throw some pics up in case anybody else was looking at same guard. Looked at the full gambit i.e. Frontier, Ranchhand etc. and this was the most bang for the buck I think. Anyhow thanks for the help folks!!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:35 AM

Hey texas4x4, what if any tips for cutting etc?? You just use a Dremel?? What size holes did you cut??
Old 09-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've got a GoRhino push-bar on order... hasn't got here yet, so obviously I have no experience installing it.

However, it appears from reading your instal instructions for the Weston, and reading the install instructions for the GoRhino, that the lower bracket locations are similar... the the GoRhino instructions tell you exactly where to cut.

Take a look, and see if yours is similar... maybe this will help. There's a good picture diagram on page 2:

http://www.bigcountryauto.com/bcProd...les/3371-i.pdf
Old 10-12-2012, 04:47 AM

OK I installed it myself and can say that OTHER than cutting the holes in the lower valence the install was a piece of cake. I must have measured a million times and still ended up being a little "off" so the holes ended up about 1" too far right but oh well..I used a Dremmel and they turned out OK I guess but I still cant believe they don't give you a template of some kind for those of us who are not gifted in this area?!?! Try to Post pics of how it looks for those who are interested
Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Man Im sorry did not see the Question.. I did the samething lol... And like you was just a bit off on the width of the slot. Did yours come with the Winch mount option? also did you have to remove your tow hooks?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ATCGuy - Does any part of your Push Bar cover the opening between the fog lights in the bumper. The winch mount that came with my grill guard was rated for a 12K winch but was not big enough for the W12000 Warn ( HD version) so I am building my own to attach to the Westen mounts but it will almost completely cover the opening and I just dont know if that will be ok... ANy input? Thanks Guys
Old 10-13-2012, 02:13 AM

Nope my tow hooks are still on and the guard in no way inhibits there use which was a mjor selling point for me. Also mine didnt come with a winch mount and if I recall Im not sure I had the option?!?! One thing I had to remove was the metal "frame horns" which there was no mention of in the instructions. It just says to see if your vehicle has them WTF?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.