LED Reverse License Plate Light - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LED Reverse License Plate Light

Has anyone installed one of these on their Superduty? I think this would make a great reverse light. I am very interested in buying one of these, but I am not sure if there is enough room for the light in between the license plate and the bottom of the tailgate, also I do not want the tailgate to hit the light when you open the tailgate.

XIL-LICENSEPLP910 Vision X License Plate Bracket and 12" Xmitter Low Profile Prime 40 Combo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Looks pretty cool. You might want to contact them to get the dimensions of it so you can compare them with your license plate and the space above it before you buy it.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a couple Vision X lights. I like them.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
I have a couple Vision X lights. I like them.

Alberta,

Can you send me some more pictures of the 12" Xmitter Low Pro? How did you mount yours? Did you have any issues with tailgate clearance? Thank you for the information.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 07-03-2012, 08:14 PM

It is kind of a tight fit to get the XMitter Low Pro in there. Hence the reason why it is mounted kind of low. The frame of the light on the bottom is flush with the top of the bumper and I angled it down slightly so that it would shine on the ground in the path of my backup camera. This gave me plenty of clearance without notching the bumper to open and close the tailgate and remove the tailgate without having to remove the light or having to fumble around with the tailgate when removing it. I wired it up along with the two Solstice Solo lights to my reverse lights. The other lightbars, the 8" Evo Prime bars, are wired to an aux switch. I wouldn't go any larger than a 12" model though because of the spare tire wind down thing. I'll get some more pictures for you tomorrow. Don't have any good closeups of the lightbar. As for mounting it, I fabbed up a bracket. I'll grab some pictures of that too. Basically, the brackets look like a "Z". Hard to explain what I did but hopefully, pictures will help you out.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Alberta,

Yes, if you could send me some additional pictures that would be great. I have an idea of what you did with the Z-Brackets but I would just like to make sure. I sent you a PM with my email address.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 07-06-2012, 05:51 PM

How about a picture of what is looks like behind the truck with all those on......must turn night into day.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec410 View Post
Alberta,

Yes, if you could send me some additional pictures that would be great. I have an idea of what you did with the Z-Brackets but I would just like to make sure. I sent you a PM with my email address.

Thanks,

Joe
Still working on trying to grab those pictures for you. Rained again today. The XMitter Prime Low Pro will definitely fit though. I got mine in the widest pattern which helps to illuminate the area behind the backup camera. The 2" Solstice Solo lights are in a spot configuration so I can see what's behind me. The girlfriend's ranch has long and narrow stalls for trailer parking so it helps a lot with the spots at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltp203 View Post
How about a picture of what is looks like behind the truck with all those on......must turn night into day.
Front end night shot

Both of the 8" lightbars on. Don't have any with just the XMitter Prime and the Solstice Solo though but they are bright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.