Lifted daily driver - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Floridayfz450
Lifted daily driver

I'm going to be picking up a 2012 F250 4x4 this week, and am trying to pick and choose between all the good 4-6" lift set-ups available right now. I am looking to run a 22" wheel with a 37" all terrain tire, due to a lot of highway driving. Falken and BFGoodrich seem to be the only two making an all terrain in that size. Right now the two lift kits I have in mind are the Carli 4.5" or doing the Icon 4.5 lift, but use One Up Industries three link radius arms instead of the radius arm drop brackets and also doing the One Up traction block setup in the rear. Which setup is a better daily driver, doing say 75 miles round trip on the highway to work each day, and towing a toy hauler to the motocross track on the weekends. I appreciate any input, thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 12:33 PM

37s will look better with a 6" lift.

What lift you choose mainly depends on how much money you want to spend.

Driving on the hwy you're not going to notice a huge difference between those two lifts.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:11 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to InMotionJosh
Both kits will be nice. I stick with Icon cause that what I have always used and had good luck with. You looking at coil over kits or like the carli pin top?
Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Floridayfz450
Thanks for the input, I'm going to stay with a 35" tire on a 22" wheel to make for some more clearance. If I went Carli I would would go with whatever setup Carli recommends. I believe their bilstein setup is valved specific for highway driving? I would go with the Kings if they can valve them specific to my driving style.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:04 PM

I have the carli backcountry 2.0 with full rear spring upgrade and it rides awesome on the highway. I also run 37 inch trail grapplers with no rubbing on 20 inch bmfs.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 06-06-2012, 08:12 AM

What kind of mpgs are you guys getting with the 4" and 35's?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 PM

I have the Carli 4.5 Pintop with full rear deaver and King's all around and it rides pretty nice. I would like to be able to ride in the same setup though with the Bilsteins. I'm 98% on highway so I think the ride is better then stock but I think the shock valving could be tweaked a bit to improve the ride on the highway.

I'm running 35" tires and my mpg is around 14 all around and 16 hwy at 65-75mph. I only dropped 1-2 mpg's over the stock mpg's.

Good luck on your lift I think either one will be great.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridayfz450 View Post
Thanks for the input, I'm going to stay with a 35" tire on a 22" wheel to make for some more clearance. If I went Carli I would would go with whatever setup Carli recommends. I believe their bilstein setup is valved specific for highway driving? I would go with the Kings if they can valve them specific to my driving style.
Both the Backcountry and the Pintop 2.5 kits ride great on the highway. You will be taking 2 steps forward with the ride with either of these kits but the 22" wheels and 35's are going to negate alot of the ride improvement. I run 37's on 17's and although it doesn't look as cool it rides way better and performs in the dirt.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:00 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to InMotionJosh
35s and 22s really isnt much difference in sidewall ratio compared to stock so that being a sole factor in ride quality is not accurate IMO.

You add a mud tire to anything the ride is going to diminish. I run 35s on 22s and its just fine.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:41 AM

If you truly want the best ride possible, go with the OUO lift kit and King or Dirt Logic shocks (my understanding is that OUO switched over to the Dirt Logic's, which are great shocks).

Keep in mind that the King's and Dirt Logic's can be built to your specs, and both are great quality.

Back in the day, I was in your shoes with my 2005. The OUO kit was out of my price range so I went with a 8" Rize kit and King coil overs up front, King reservoirs in the back. Five years and 70k miles later I'm glad I did it the way I wanted from the start and didn't cut corners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.