Mud Flaps - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mud Flaps

Ok...I've done some searching on here but not found what I am looking for.

I have an F350 with the 20" wheels and tires. I am looking for pics of same setup with mud flaps. I am not sure what brand I like. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of room between the rear tire and the wheel well at the rear of the truck.

Looking at Ford, Weathertech, Duraflap. I see pros and cons to each. Like the duraflap flexibility and length - price is high and worried about them flapping into exhaust or rubbing tire.

Any help is appreciated.

And...anyone put wheel well liners in the rear wells? If so....looking for what brand and pics and what you like about them. I don't like that everything is so open right now...

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 03:49 PM

I have an '09 F350 and had the OEM Ford mudlaps and they weren't long enough. They were too short and didn't provide adequate coverage. I now have Dura Flaps with the stainless steel weight and am happy with them. So far, they've lasted through a few Canadian winters with all the snow, slush, and water from winter, as well as some mud. There are no rips or tears in my mud flaps. They've also stayed the same shape more or less and haven't curled. The Dura Flaps are not very flexible. In fact, they are made out of what I'd say is a hard but durable plastic. Hence the reason they don't curl and won't rip.

These are the OEM Ford flaps

Dura Flaps

Old 05-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
pm sent......
Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Duraflap changed the material they use and it is very durable. they guarantee their product.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:19 PM

Alberta - what length duraflaps are those? They have 9", 11" and 14" I believe...
Thanks for the pics and info! Much appreciated.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:25 PM

The front and rear mudflaps are both 12" wide since I'm running OE spec tires. My front flaps hang 9" below the fenderwell (STYLE# FF 2 08 SS). My rears are the ones that hang 16" below the fenderwell (STYLE# FR 2XL 08 SS). I wanted added trailer protection when towing so I went with the 16" long flaps. They are the perfect length (for a stock height truck). Just enough clearance that they didn't drag on driveways and curbs when you went over them. There was probably 3-4 inches of clearance. I also went with their Drill-Less model. The rears are solid. The front are pretty secure but there's a finicky bracket that moves and secures to the wheel well liner in addition to the mounting holes in the wheel well.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. I installed the Ford OEM rear wheel well liners and AirHawk mud flaps. I'm really happy with the combo.

Waxy
Old 05-02-2012, 05:13 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had the OE Ford mudflaps on my old 6.0 and will not use them ever again. I found that they wore into the paint where the mudflap touched.

That Duraflap Alberta posted doesn't touch the paint at all, nice mud flap.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:03 AM

Here's a couple pics of the Ford OEM wheel well liners, it's kinda hard to take a decent pic of them, but hopefully this helps.

They were kinda expensive for what you get, but they install real easily and they definitely close things in and add some protection. I'd do this mod again, I think it was worth it.

Waxy
Attached Thumbnails
Mud Flaps-4.jpg   Mud Flaps-5.jpg   Mud Flaps-img-20120330-00085.jpg   Mud Flaps-6.jpg   Mud Flaps-1.jpg  

Old 05-02-2012, 07:09 AM

Here's a couple pics of the AirHawk mudflaps. I happen to like the chrome/stainless look, but they're available without it as well. Air Hawk Industries : Mud Flaps - Grille Inserts - Box Liners They're in Canada, but they do ship to anywhere in the USA as well.

They're nice and long and they provide really good coverage. They can be mounted with or without drilling. I used a combination of the two methods just for my own peace of mind that they weren't going anywhere. Either way the install is easy and nice and solid.

I'm very happy with these, and I'd definitely buy them again.

Waxy
Attached Thumbnails
Mud Flaps-front-mud-flap-small.jpg   Mud Flaps-rear-mud-flap-driver-small.jpg   Mud Flaps-rear-mud-flap-passenger-small.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.