Icon stage I leveling kit installed with shocks-making noise - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 04:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Icon stage I leveling kit installed with shocks-making noise

Had a Icon stage 1 leveling kit installed on my new '12 f350 with the new icon shocks all the way around, and all of the shocks (most noticeably the rear ones) are making noise.

It's not really a squeek, but it sounds like it is the bushing rubbing on the shaft dry (almost like it needs to be lubed up). I can stand on the rear bumper and bump up and down with my weight and it constantly makes the noise. At first i thought it had to do with my air bags (also new), but after further examination it is definately the shocks.

Anyone else ran into this? I am not happy at all, especially from a company like icon who claims to be the best! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If they are Icon VS shocks I run them on the rear and they creeked every time I climbed in and out of the truck. But after two months the sounds are now gone. It was the seals breaking in there tight and need to loosen up a little. I run the 2.5 piggy back shocks up front and no a peep out of them.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlxjim View Post
If they are Icon VS shocks I run them on the rear and they creeked every time I climbed in and out of the truck. But after two months the sounds are now gone. It was the seals breaking in there tight and need to loosen up a little. I run the 2.5 piggy back shocks up front and no a peep out of them.
Yep, exactly what i am experiencing! Really bad when driving around town at lower speeds, drives me nuts! How long did it take for the noise to go away? I have had lot's of different shocks, and never had this annoying noise before...should have went with Bilstiens!!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:01 AM

It took about two months. With the seals so tight and the hard coating thats on the rod no oil is left on the rod. It makes for a good leak free seal. You could try to wipe some oil on the rods. My front piggy backs had some type of grease or heavy oil on them.

Last edited by vlxjim; 04-13-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:23 AM

pics please
Old 04-15-2012, 05:20 PM

I would not recommend the icon shocks, i don't know who manufactures shocks that make noises like they are already shot!! I have had plenty of shocks including bilsteins and ranchos and never had these kind of noises. Talking with shop who installed them to get something different, as these are annoying the **** out of me!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:12 PM

bilstien 5100's on there way, these icon shocks are annoying as h#ll! Shop who installed them is swapping them out for me, not sure if they get icon to do anything about it or not, but not my problem i guess! This is why i go through a local shop, because the online guys wouldn't give a crap!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What are the part numbers of your Bilsteins?
Old 05-01-2012, 07:22 PM

Getting them swapped out tomorrow afternoon, will let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.