Anyone have any experience with Switchback LED's? A few other ?'s from a new guy! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone have any experience with Switchback LED's? A few other ?'s from a new guy!

I found a post about LED's in the driving/turn signals a long time ago but there wasn't a lot of details on it other than needing the load resistors. I found a webstite that sold some Switchback LED's that seem to be pretty nice.
Tail Lights LED Flashing
Well here is what I want to accomplish..... I will soon be adding retro solutions HID's 55W 5k, and I want to make the driving lights a bit brighter. I am essentially wanting to get my driving lights to run on the high element setting. I don't want to do this with the regular filament bulbs b/c of the increased heat and I doubt the stock bulbs are meant to run like that.

Autolumination advertises that you can switch the polarity on their switchback bulbs and get the Amber setting to run all the time instead of the white. And then the turn signal will alternate white/amber. Well I Spoke to a guy from Autolumination and he said the bulbs weren't designed to operate with the amber on all the time...... Well then why the heck do they advertise it on their site?
Tail Lights LED Flashing

Sorry this is long and drawn out.... especially for my first post. Hope yall understand what I am trying to accomplish and see if anyone has any experience with something similar. Maybe the RetroSolution LED bulbs are brighter than the stock ones?

Also are the LED Reacon Cab lights brighter than the stock ones?

FYI- This is my FIRST FORD and FIRST DIESEL. LOVE the truck so far!
2012 F-350 Dually Ultimate Lariat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have not idea what your saying

BUT
Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Lol. Ya I kid of rambled. I want my running lights (I said driving lights- sorry) to be brighter. That is ultimately what I am trying to accomplish.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 04-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Premium Member

I have every Light retro-solutions offers for our trucks. Love all of them. They definitely give it a better look at night and they are much brighter than stock. Only problem I have had with them is having to add 1/2 watt resistors to my interior lights.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I use the V-leds switchback turn signals and they are nice and bright!

Here are the bulbs That I am using: 5K WHITE AMBER DUAL COLOR TYPE 2 CHANGING SWITCHBACK 92 TURN SIGNAL BULBS 3157 3157NA 3357 3457 4157 4057 | 1 PAIR

They also have the 92 led bulbs that stay amber all the time instead of switching to white: AMBER 92 PARK/TURN SIGNAL LIGHT BULBS 3157 3156 4057 | 1 PAIR

V-leds have some great quality leds!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barobbin View Post
I have every Light retro-solutions offers for our trucks. Love all of them. They definitely give it a better look at night and they are much brighter than stock. Only problem I have had with them is having to add 1/2 watt resistors to my interior lights.
Any chance you have some night time pics of the front of your truck? I would like to get the LEDS in the turns and the LEDS in the cab lights. I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of yours at night to see how they light up. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Premium Member

dont have any at the moment. ill get some and put them up
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsSD View Post
I use the V-leds switchback turn signals and they are nice and bright!

Dual color LEDs (92 LED) from v-leds.com - YouTube

Here are the bulbs That I am using: 5K WHITE AMBER DUAL COLOR TYPE 2 CHANGING SWITCHBACK 92 TURN SIGNAL BULBS 3157 3157NA 3357 3457 4157 4057 | 1 PAIR

They also have the 92 led bulbs that stay amber all the time instead of switching to white: AMBER 92 PARK/TURN SIGNAL LIGHT BULBS 3157 3156 4057 | 1 PAIR

V-leds have some great quality leds!!!
Did you have to install a resistor with the switchbacks? If so what wire did you splice into? These stupid kits don't come with instructions and vleds is no help on the subject.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

LED Bulletin - Q-158R3.pdf

A guy on YouTube that had some Switchbacks showed me this. My dealership hadn't even seen it before but after I showed it to my parts guy, he said they could do it no problem!
This would eliminate the need for resistors. I haven't heard anything bad about the resistors other than they can generate heat. This PDF attached will allow your dealership to turn off the "hyper flash" alert or "lamp outage" and not have to splice in anything.
But to answer your question, you splice into both wires and are basically completing a circuit before the bulb with the resistor.
Hope this bulletin helps everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.