Problems with Recon Big Rig Ice....... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 09:11 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problems with Recon Big Rig Ice.......

Since I'm a NooB to diesel trucks I don't know how long the 'Big Rig Ice' has been on the marketplace and any history on them..I read that some people are generally disappointed with OTHER Recon lighing products but I am only interested in the Ice....are there any known issues like poor quality or burning out LED's etc? Seems like a lot of money..I would HOPE the quality is there but it doesn't sound like they stand behind their products too well....opinions...PLEASE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You said it all
Old 03-29-2012, 07:39 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have the Red and White "Fire and Ice" light bar and about a third of the LED's no longer function, so I've disconnected it. I just don't think it stands up to the vibration and "outside" conditions that our trucks are subjected to.

It makes me angry because I have two of them and the other one is still in the box (for the wife's truck), but I can't bring myself to install it if it's going to look horrible in less than a year.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:23 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Your better off buying the cheap stuff and replacing it when they go bad for a 1/4 of the price compared to recon
Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM

I've seen all the negative threads about Recon but I really wanted smoked LED lights and wasn't interested in smoking my OEM lights myself or buying just the LED bulb. So, I took the plunge and bought some of their products. I'm currently running their taillights, third brake light, and mirror lights on my '09. Like you, I was reading mixed reviews. So far, everything's been great. No burnt out LEDs and no flickering. I had an issue with one of my taillights and emailed Recon. They sent me a brand new passenger's side taillight free of charge. They remedied the problem quickly and professionally. I'm really happy with my purchases and wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
My big rig ice hasn't worked for a year. I just quit caring.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have my cab lights, turn signals, brake lights, third light, and interior lights all done. I have replaced all of my cab lights once for either flickering or just not working. Every time I go in for an inspection I bring a screw driver to make the third brake light work (was sent back and they said it tested fine) and a few of the bulbs in the tail lights are done. If I was to do it all over again I would have saved the over 1k bucks I spent and just bought autozone led's. They look great but are not made for someone who really uses their truck for work I believe. JMO
Old 09-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Recon = poor quality and even worse customer service. If you were to call them and complain about the quality of their parts, they will just tell you their products are great, and that your truck is actually the problem. I've been down that road with Recon and now I will never consider running any of their products on my truck. They "look good" and that is about as far as it goes.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:45 PM

I love the product but would recommend buying from them, customer service sucks and WAY overpriced
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.