Rancho 2.5 Level Kit vs. ReadyLift Stage 2 Level Kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 05:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rancho 2.5 Level Kit vs. ReadyLift Stage 2 Level Kit

Wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on either of these two systems. Really just looking to level out a 2011 F-350 CC L SRW, want to keep the cost in check, but also want to do it right - ie keep all the factory geometry as close to stock as possible.

If neither of these kits are worth buying, please give me some input on which ones out there make the cut. (other then the ICON kit, too much $).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 06:55 PM

I was wondering this also. icon gets great reviews. Readylift stage two also includes trac ar drop bracket, bump stop extensions, sway bar brackets and carrier bearing spacer. I just would like to completely replace the springs and not have to use a spacer. What to do???
Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Get the Icon spring kit with camber bushings and Bilstien shocks. If you can swing it get the track bar. You can save a few going this way. If you go this way it adds 2.5" to the front travel that a 50% increase. Or just get the stage 1 Icon for less than $900 online. Your going to change out the cheap stock shock sooner or later.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I went with the ready lift set up. It didn't change the ride.and leveled the truck out real nice. I wanted to try a simple little lift on this truck this set up worked out great,I am running 35/12.5/20 nitto m/ts.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:35 PM

Joey - I have now ordered the Ready Lift kit too - did you install yours? If so how difficult is it to remove the track bar bolt, and how did you torque it back to 400 ft/lbs?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey wash View Post
I went with the ready lift set up. It didn't change the ride.and leveled the truck out real nice. I wanted to try a simple little lift on this truck this set up worked out great,I am running 35/12.5/20 nitto m/ts.
any pics??

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had it installed at a 4x4 shop.I think they did it in 5'hours.I need to talk to them on how they got it to 400lbs.I will call him an ask.I was able to get some pics up on the exterior discussion "advice on wheels" I took some new ones to post on this thread but they won't upload....
Old 02-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The best option is to go with new springs up front instead of spacers. It is going to cost more, but the ride and handling will be MUCH improved over stock or spacers. If you go with a spacer kit, ReadyLift is the way to go. I suggest the ICON Stage I kit, if you can swing it, the the adjustable track bar is also a great addition and will center the axle where it should be.

ICON Stage I Kit

ReadyLift Stage 2

Last edited by DSTRBD; 02-15-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:06 PM

Does anyone know what the Icon springs are rated for? My stock 350 is rated at 6000 pounds up front, I think. Is the Icon rated less or just a different spring rate? Im only asking because im thinking about hanging a plow in it next season. My truck will not be doing any off road driving.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcfd63 View Post
Joey - I have now ordered the Ready Lift kit too - did you install yours? If so how difficult is it to remove the track bar bolt, and how did you torque it back to 400 ft/lbs?
You guys don't have a 6ft torque wrench in your toolbox? We torque 1000ft/lbs at work...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.