Grille and 3M Clear Bra - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Grille and 3M Clear Bra

So my 2012 250 Lariat is on the way. I plan on clear shield/3m/invisishield/etc the front when it's in. One of the things that I really want is to at least get the matching grille surround. It seems that the primed grille surround itself is about $150... Is that legitimate or do I need to purchase the entire grille? I'm hoping to get it now and get it painted so it can sit for 30 days and cure before clearing it with film. Anyone have the correct PN? Does anyone sell them pre-paint matched? Does anyone come across people wanting the chrome bumpers? I'd definitely consider trading my chrome bumpers for some Adobe ones and clear those as well... Any input is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

From what I understand the king ranch is the only one that comes painted. But if you get an unpainted one you can paint it but you absolutely don't have to wait 30 days to 3m it
Old 11-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was looking into this a while back, the part # I found for the grille surround is BC3Z-8200-BPTM
Old 11-25-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
But if you get an unpainted one you can paint it but you absolutely don't have to wait 30 days to 3m it
I wonder where they get that Figure? 30 dayz ?

When I had the Top of my Truck fixed they Told me the same thing,Wait 30 dayz before i waxed it ???

Sounds like BS to me.. I could see a couple dayz to be sure the Clear Coat was Fully Cured ....But 30 :~(
Old 11-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Foot View Post
I wonder where they get that Figure? 30 dayz ?

When I had the Top of my Truck fixed they Told me the same thing,Wait 30 dayz before i waxed it ???

Sounds like BS to me.. I could see a couple dayz to be sure the Clear Coat was Fully Cured ....But 30 :~(
I think someone probably just figured on a number, but I have hear for a long time that paint truly does take a while to cure (3-6 weeks) even when the parts are baked to be dry to the touch to speed up the process. The issue is not putting the 3M on... I'm sure I get it put on as soon as it left the booth. The issue is whether it would all come off if they had to remove the 3m in the process to move it or get a bubble out. If you pulled on the paint, it wouldn't necessarily be completely cured to the grille until it had time to sit. I'll probably wait 2 weeks or so before I 3m it. Ordered the primed grille surround today. Once it comes in, i'll find a good shop and get it painted!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:40 PM

How much were you quoted to paint it? I am going to have mine painted soon. Thanks

Last edited by cjf250sd11; 11-30-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf250sd11 View Post
How much were you quoted to paint it? I am going to have mine painted soon. Thanks
I have a contact for painting parts who said he'd do it for 100 bucks. Shop would charge 150-200 I'd guess.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.