2011 with 6" Lift with 37 Nittos - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 03:42 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 2011 with 6" Lift with 37 Nittos

Was thinking of putting on a 6" Pro Comp lift with 37" Nitto'son my 2011 F250. Is there anything else I have to do other than the lift to the truck (Drivetrain angle correction, longer driveshafts, etc.)?????? Im just looking at how much I will have to spend and what components I will need to keep the truck driving and not breaking from lifting the truck.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you have a two piece drive shaft I'll have to order the carrier bearing drop kit. And the new lift blocks will be tapered properly for your driveshaft angle. For my truck if I would of went with the spring kit for the rear I would of needed a driveshaft spacer, but not with the block kit. Truck has a good length slip yoke so u should have no issues if u have a one piece driveshaft.

I was gonna pick up the pro comp but I'm not a fan of radius arm drops. I perfer 4link. Did you look into the skyjacker lift??

Also are you putting on aftermarket wheels?. Cause if your not your going to have issues with those 37s rubbing like crazy on stock wheels
Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Premium Member

My F 250 has a one piece rear drive shaft and by looking at the angle for the rear it does not even seem like it moved much from factory set up, so I dont think I would need the bearing drop kit. The front driveshaft towards the transfer case does look like some angle was added to it from the lift. I am planning on 20" wheels with the appropriate backpacing for the 37" tires.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:04 AM

Southern,

I picked up the 6" Pro-Comp lift with 20" XD diesels (black) and 37 Toyo Open Country MT's.

It's not a bad kit but it has add-a-leafs for the rear lift and I'm not too crazy about that. I think I'm going to add OUO traction blocks so I can keep the stock leaf ride in the back.

As far as the front, I'm with Albertastroker, now that I have them, not a fan of radius arm drops so I'm thinking of swapping out for a 4 link setup.

I also went with the pro-comp shocks but I'm thinking about swapping them out as well.

My 37's rub a little but not at full lock, they rub when they are about half turn and only when I'm putting a load on it going around corners quickly. When I take it easy there is no rubbing.

I have a one piece driveshaft so nothing was required for that.

If I had it to do over, I would go with a 4" lift and 35s. Most likely an Icon kit or something that I piece together.

Truck looks good though!!

Hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:13 AM

EC130H. What backspacing and offset do u have on your wheels? I've got KMC XD misfits with a 0 offset 5" backspace and I've got zero rub with my 37s. I'm also gonna go with the OUO traction blocks because Skyjacker stacks rear blocks. I've got the pro comp MX-6 shocks on my lift and they're workin awesome. Would like fox resi tho
Old 07-21-2011, 06:14 PM

I have the procomp 6" and it rubs everytime I turn giving it any gas. Has been a huge pain in the A$$. I took it to the place that lifted it today, for the third time. They ordered me a 8'' procomp lift today and swapping them out next week for free for the hassle I've been dealing with.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheletti View Post
I have the procomp 6" and it rubs everytime I turn giving it any gas. Has been a huge pain in the A$$. I took it to the place that lifted it today, for the third time. They ordered me a 8'' procomp lift today and swapping them out next week for free for the hassle I've been dealing with.
You got lucky there man, gettin the 8" upgrade for free. I dont understand how it rubs tho. Wrong offset on the wheels? Or does the bumper have to be loosened off and pulled ahead? Or how wide are your 37s? 13.50 or 15.50??
Old 07-21-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaStroker View Post
You got lucky there man, gettin the 8" upgrade for free. I dont understand how it rubs tho. Wrong offset on the wheels? Or does the bumper have to be loosened off and pulled ahead? Or how wide are your 37s? 13.50 or 15.50??
Well, they did tell me it would work, thats why I bought it. But, yea it was great of them to make it right. We went back and forth about the wheel backspacing and offset because I wanted something different then what they told me would be right. I said fine your the experts. It has been back to them for the third time today. They have spaced the bumper trimmed as much as they could on the bumper support. But the other place its rubbing they can't trim because its part of the stucture of the truck (wouldnt be safe). The tires are 13.50'' wide. Just like EC130H stated in the post above, he has the same lift and the same issues. I told them that I bought a 4WD to be able to go off-road if need be and that clearly wasn't an option anymore with out tearing the tires apart. They are having to swap my tires from the outside to the inside because it has cut into the outside of them already and at $540 a piece, I was not happy!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Micheletti; 07-21-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:24 PM

Hey AlbertaStroker,

Thanks for PM'ing back, when I asked if yours were rubbing. That is what convinced me that their was an issue that needed to get taken care of on my truck.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:51 PM

Alberta,

My wheels are 20x10 with a 4.56 backspace and -24mm offset. Tires are 37x13.50.

They had to cut a bumper bracket and trim some other pieces and it only rubs at a slight turn under load. Full lock is fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.