Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SuperDuty Mirror Questions

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  colstripguy 
#1 ·
A couple of question about the mirrors on the 2011's. How far do they stick out from the body when all the way folded? My '97 adds about 3" per side, my garage door is framed in at 7'6", so width is a concern. And do the Powerscope mirrors fold in as far? I will have to fold them in every time I go in the garage, I worry about the lifespan of the motors. How long does it take to fold/open? Any opinions? Thanks for your help, Pete

#3 ·
When I went in to order my Supercab, we went out and tested the mirrors on a rig, it took about 10 seconds to fold in, quicker than I could get out of my '97, and fold them in manually . And they fold in about as close as the '97 mirrors did. I didn't time the extend out cycle, but it was prompt. Fixing to turn 59, so I remember the problems with power operated stuff from the "old days" and it still makes me nervous. But I went with them, as so much has improved since then, and "you can't drive forward looking back".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.