Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6" with 35 or 37?

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Clayton1985 
#1 ·
Gahh, I just cant decide what to do...Im sticking with stock size tires (17")
Ive got it to ~6inch, not too big, and not too small. But im unsure what size tires, I dont want to re-gear (3.73s). Will 35 be/look to small? Will I be ok with the 37s and 3.73s?
(I want the kuhmo kl71 but only in 35 for 17''rims and E range too)
:dunno:

Thanks!

#3 ·
Ya, I was thinking that. What about the gearing?

And I dunno how I managed to get this in the 6.7 section!?!? Im a tard.

#5 ·
Hahah, no worries man!

#7 ·
Go with the 37's. You won't be disappointed. I had 3:55's in my 2010 with 37's and still had all the power I would ever need. This was spartan tuned and deleted so that really helped. I had 35's on my 08 for a while and they just looked way to small in my opinion.

#8 ·
YEAP! Robertc82 Nailed it,besides everybody that gets 35's always seems to wish they had went 37's

IMHO Only reason to stay witha 35 is for More tow power,Say stuff 10,000 lbs Plus,10,000 and under No Problem with 37's and a Diesel motor....

I bet you have 3.73 gears and that would be great with 37's IMHO

IMHO these trucks are so BIG it takes 37's to look good!35's look good IF you fill up the fenders ....

#9 ·
Ok, 37s it is! Just gotta find a tire now...

#11 ·
Hey bud my two trucks in my sig will be a good comparison for you. The 2008 has a 6" on 37's, and the 2011 has an 8" with 37's. I would run 37's with a 6" lift. Any bigger will rub, and you may have to trim the inside of the fender well so the tires do not rub in an offset position.

I have more pictures if you want to check em out for comparison.

I have had both the Toyo's and Nittos on my truck and they wear even and are quiet on the highway.

I would stay away from the Kuhmo's I have not owned them but did a lot of research and have seen many bad reviews. That is why they cost less than the Toyos or Nittos.

#12 ·
Something I just noticed....your truck is a dually. I still think 37's would look the best but would suggest finding a 37-12.50. You will have to run 2" spacers in between the rear tires for clearance also. It will look very good, but keep in mind that the rear tires will stick out past the fender quite a bit.

#13 ·
Here was my truck with 6" life with Nitto 37s on 20's

#14 ·
Nice stance! the 6" w/ 37's look good! alot of people say i shoulda went with 38-40" on my 8" lift but i like it and they aren't paying my diesel bill! :rofl:

#15 ·
Thanks fella's, Ya I cant go with the toyo cause they are 13.50 wide. Gotta find a 37/12.5.
Ive got 2" spacers already sittin here on my coffe table! (from Fred goeske) beefy mofo's!

#16 ·
TxState: those rigs are beauties man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.