Front End Replacement pics? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 09:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Front End Replacement pics?

With all the trucks with the pale adobe trim running around, surely there are more pics than I can find of one with a FER on it. Not bumper only, but bumper and full grill guard. I can't decide how my truck would look with one, specifically, to color match the whole thing, leave it black, or color match the bumper part only? I prefer them like the ranch hand legend or fab fours black steel line. The angular type like road armor and others i just can't get in to, but pics of any will help. Seems like most stick with the stock bumper. If it helps, it will eventually be front and rear, I'd like to retain the backup sensors, and it will be bedlined black with the black bedrail caps.

Also, how much sag do you see with these? Will a leveling kit become necessary?

Pics please!

My truck:

This is what I mean by "bumper part only":
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 05:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighop View Post
With all the trucks with the pale adobe trim running around, surely there are more pics than I can find of one with a FER on it. Not bumper only, but bumper and full grill guard. I can't decide how my truck would look with one, specifically, to color match the whole thing, leave it black, or color match the bumper part only? I prefer them like the ranch hand legend or fab fours black steel line. The angular type like road armor and others i just can't get in to, but pics of any will help. Seems like most stick with the stock bumper. If it helps, it will eventually be front and rear, I'd like to retain the backup sensors, and it will be bedlined black with the black bedrail caps.

Also, how much sag do you see with these? Will a leveling kit become necessary?

Pics please!

My truck:

This is what I mean by "bumper part only":
I had a 2010 that was royal red with the pueblo gold. I had front and rear replacements that were powdercoated the pueblo gold. If I were to do it again I would just get them painted. But I have to see I loved the way it looked. It goes really well with that color especially.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:30 AM

By the way, I bought my ranchhand legends from bumpersandbeds.com. Best prices I could find anywhere.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:24 AM

I tend towards painting it the lower two tone colour.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am picking up my silver with gray accent on wednesday and want to put a ranch hand legend replacement on mine....I was told that they have a matte powdercoat as option. I think it will look good but would love some opinions.

thanks
Old 02-19-2011, 06:12 PM

I'm between Ranch hand, Iron Bull, and HERD right now for my 2012 - yeah 2012 (plus a winch). I doubt a leveling kit would become necessary. I think an all chrome look would be good.

A front end replacement is little use if it doesn't protect the truck against deer, moose, idiotic drivers, grandma like drivers & small arms fire.

Ranch hand looks awesome but would it protect with little damage to itself and the truck?
My friend has an Iron Bull on his Dodge and he said he rear-ended someone (before I met him) - destroyed the car infront and his bumper was unharmed asides from paint scratches
Herd is used on semis for deer & moose protection and they look like they can take a beating or two.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a ranch hand legend FER on my 2008 Chev 2500, it has killed 4 mature whitetail deer from 45-75 mph along with dozens of pheasants, ducks and a few giant Canadian geese with no damage to truck or bumper. This is why I want one on my new 2011 250..... I wish I had it on my chev BEFORE I received $8,400 damage due to a whitetail when it had 2800 miles on it.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:32 PM

I like this one from Tough Country, a lot, but they don't list a matching rear bumper, and damn $$$$. I don't want a winch box though.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy7060 View Post
I'm between Ranch hand, Iron Bull, and HERD right now....
Iron bull is way too over the top for me, but to each his own. It doesn't look like Herd offers anything for us...
Old 02-21-2011, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighop View Post
Iron bull is way too over the top for me, but to each his own. It doesn't look like Herd offers anything for us...
Aero LT - They've recently started the product line and according to comments on videos its all for around $2,700 for it + install:

I believe if you're going to drop some serious cash on anything you should have the option to modify it to your liking; maybe they'll do that too...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.