Cable lock by Master Lock - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cable lock by Master Lock

Anyone have this on their truck? I posted this as well in the 08-10 forum, but just in case because I like this get-up. I'm interested in it, but have heard it is not compatible with the bed extender. Also wondering if I could mount it at the front of the bed instead. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated....even negative if theyre not worth a damn. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have it and it's worth the Money.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Premium Member

If it's not too much trouble, could you please measure how thick it is next to the wall of the bed? I'm trying to figure out why the specs say it won't fit with the folded bed extender. Also, in your opinion does it look like it could be mounted in the front of the bed? Thanks a lot
Old 02-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Premium Member

Nevermind - I went to a dealer about 45 minutes away from me today to check one out in person. It fits with the bed extender as long as you dont install the tie-down cleat on it. FYI.

It also looks like it can be mounted on the forward tie downs as well.

Thanks for the input!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:02 AM

What's the cost on this?

I didn't see this on any trucks at any dealer. Just saw it at the Ford truck display thing inside the dealer showroom.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Premium Member

$141.05 with tax from the dealership. Not bad at all considering they sell them on ebay for between $125-135 then the cost of shipping. I wanted two but decided on just one since i would have to keep track of two different keys.

I'll have to take a picture of how I put it in. They are meant for the rear two tie downs but I made it work on one of the front ones. This way it will be hidden and secured by the toolbox once its back in. I have the factory bed extender, which will work with this, but you lose your rear tie down (bed extender and tie down wont fit at the same time). I got another 15' security cable from amazon.com for $30 and looped it through the other tie down so I can just connect the two if I need the extra length.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 AM

Would love to see pics.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Premium Member

Ask and ye shall receive. This shows the cable lock mounted on the forward driver's side of the bed. I had to put it on backwards so it'd fit in this location...and its a ***** to do so but I got it. Usually you'd see the other side if mounted in the proper location. I also wasnt able to screw the cover on since the screws come in on the other side, but it clips together (barely) and I'll be pressing the toolbox up against it to hold the cover on securely. The other pic is the long security cable looped through the passenger side tie down. It'll sit underneath the toolbox in case I need it, and would be pretty hard to undo once its in place. I'll probably pull the cable lock out some and attach it to the front of the toolbox so its easy to grab.

I'm also going to check and see if I can get a marine cleat to go where the rear tie downs are. I find those easier to tie off to.
Attached Thumbnails
Cable lock by Master Lock-photo-1.jpg.jpg   Cable lock by Master Lock-photo-2.jpg.jpg  
Old 02-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Premium Member

BTW kudos to Master Lock. I have to say they are great to deal with on customer service.

What happened was - first time I went to go use it, the key ended up pulling out the lock cylinder. I stupidly latched the thing back together before shoving the cylinder back in which rendered it useless and locked forever. Explained it to Master trying to find out if there's a way to get it open again, and they are sending me a new one free of charge. Cant beat service like that. Apparently it was a defect since they cylinder was not supposed to come out except with some master key.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.