Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Lifts that i need help picking from

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  OCVeloMan 
#1 ·
Carlie 4.5"

2011-2016 Super Duty 6.7L F250/F350 4WD Carli Suspension 4.5" Back Country 2.0 Lift Kit
Your Price:$3,555.00

ZONE 4"

2011-2016 F-250 / F-350 4WD Zone Offroad 4" Radius Arm Lift Kit (Diesel)

Your Price:$1,098.43

Now i need some facts about these lifts I have heard both are very good lifts and people would recommend both. But there is a major price difference. Now im sure the carlie is better but how much better.

My plan is to run 37's with 22in rims (if anyone has pics with that setup i would love to see)

Besides the .5" difference what can you tell me about these 2 and which one i should go with

or if you have different brand around the 4-4.5" let me know

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
I installed a Carli 4.5 back country on my truck and can say I'm not impressed with the ride at all. Running 37's on 20's and 40-45 psi also got the full leaf deavers. I've had other manufactures lifts on super dutys with 37's on 22's and the on road ride was better. With all the praise on here I expected a much better ride than I have now.

#6 ·
There's nothing wrong with either kit, they simply serve different markets. The Zone you picked is FAR more entry level than a Backcountry and is more fairly compared to entry level kit, the Starter Kit at $2,695.00. That said, the starter even includes Add-a-packs and Brake lines, subtract those two and you're left with a a comparable kit for $1,725.00 with better shocks and would need to buy a 5" block.

To compare the two about which you've asked:

Carli: Travel is kept linear by way of radius arm drops, Shocks are Remote Reservoir Fox 2.0" with a custom valving profile tuned in-house, rear lift is achieved by way of stock 3-5/8" block with a progressive add-a-pack (or full spring upgrade for a bit more, HIGHLY recommended with your chosen wheel/tire) to keep the tires planted and the rear ride more predictable and the shocks are matched to the fronts. Extended Brake Lines are included.

Zone: Shocks appear to be a twin-tube emulsion, radius arms that are included use factory pivot point so the axle's fore-aft shift throughout travel increases, and the rear's lifted with taller blocks increasing the potential for axle wrap and wheel hop.

#8 · (Edited)
Neither are bad, you'll be happy with either one. Unless you are a serious off-roader, you're not putting either kit through enough paces to hurt anything.....to a general user that just wants something that looks nice and rides nice, either will do. If you want a OEM style ride on a lifted truck, pay the bigger $$ and go with the Carli. If you're not so worried about OEM ride softness, Zone is great. It's like asking which car is better the Ferrari or the Mustang.

I've had mine in the hills/mtns of western MD and never had an issue with clearance, or breaking anything :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.