Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Pic request. 4.5" lift 22" wheels 35" tires.

20K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  VT19 
#1 ·
Pretty sure this is the route I'm going. I really wanted to run 22" American force blades with 35" toyo mt on a bus 4.5" lift. Torn between the American force or bmf novikane 8's. Any pics of this size setup would be appreciated! Also some feedback on offset width drivability and if it rubs. Leveled on 35's now just want a little bit higher.

#2 · (Edited)
Pic request 11+ super duty 4.5" lift 22's/35's

Duplicate...

#5 ·
#7 ·
Interested

#8 ·
Dang nobody.

#9 ·
I think In general the 4.5" doesn't play as nice with most 22s cause of the width and back spacing. I know there are s few 22x10 and 22x9s out there but most the common wide 22s have a lot of negative backspace and high wheel scrub (outside turn radius) so require higher lift. You thinking 33s or 35s, 33s would probably be fine, 35s might take trimming on a set of 22s with -40 backspace.

#10 ·
I was really thinking 4.5" with 22s and 35s. Knowing me I am going to end up with 10" and 24/37 lol.

#21 ·
Is there anymore info about this trucks set-up? Front Lift? Backspacing?

Everyone I have spoken to is telling me 22X14 is impossible without rubbing without at least a 6" Lift. My truck is kept in the Garage, I only have 4" of clearance above the cab to clear. And this set-up looks like my only possible solution if I want to have American Forces on my truck.

#14 ·
Really, that looks awesome!! I may be able to get by with a 3.5" ready lift and 22/35. Thank you for the pic. Looks awesome.

#17 ·
X2 on width

#26 · (Edited)
What size tire? 35?

Do you rub? Any modifications?

Everywhere I ask, I am being told different about largest wheel size for my truck with minimal lift.

Local Truck/Tire Shop: told me largest wheel without rubbing for me is a 20X9! My stock wheels are that size LOL

Specialty Forged: Says 22X10 would call it safe.

But I am seeing guys with trucks my height and some lower with 22X12's & 22X14's!

I don't want to drop up to $4,000 on wheels and not maximize 100% of space I have.

For Example:

[/URL]

Anyone with experience: Please explain how these trucks running much bigger wheels than whats been told to me.

#30 ·
those are some wide Fin tires, my Lord talk about some meat

#28 ·
I love it. Any rubbing??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.