Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2016 F-350 Need Wheel Suggestions

6K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  98 Saleen Cobra 
#1 · (Edited)
So, the two tone King Ranch trucks are tough to size up for aftermarket rims. I am going to put a modest 2-3 inch Carli lift on it and am having a tough time deciding to put bigger tires on stock rims or just get aftermarket rims. I would love to get peoples thoughts on aftermarket wheels with the modest 2-3 inch lift/leveling. I guess I can rule chrome shinny stuff out.

Trying to link a truck photo from dropbox but maybe the feature is down/not working.

#2 ·
I'm having the same dilemma. I have the Carli 2.5" back country system with deavers and 37x12.50s on the stock rims. It looks good that way, I had ordered chrome rims but they looked out of place and didn't really go with anything on the truck so I never installed them. The Carli lift is awesome by the way!

#4 ·
I keep struggling with putting lift on and bigger tires then I remember the reason I bought the 6.7 was to get better mpg so I just stop thinking about it. Trucks always look good lifted and big tires but kill mpg and sucks always crawling in them.

#6 ·
Yea I run 37's on a 2.5" carli back country. I'm deleted and I can get 20-22mpg at 65-70mph.. BUT I gotta have the tires at 65psi.. If I don't and run 55/50 I get about 18

#8 ·
3.55's. 20x9 BMF Wheels, and Toyo RT's.. Yea more rotational mass and unsprung weight effects MPG in a decent way

#10 ·
Hey, it worked. Can you run bigger tires with the stock 20's? I thought smaller rims, would better and what about width limitations. Cobra, I like the stance of your truck. If I could get away with the stock rims that would save a bundle - what size tires on stocks rims? I am a wheel and tire idiot, so please be patient.

#11 ·
You can run most 35's on the stock wheels and it looks great with a 2.5" lift. You will get a better ride out of smaller wheels with the same size tire like 35's on 18's. In most cases the cost of a 18" wheel/tire combo isn't a lot more expensive than 35x20's for your stock wheels. Plus you can sell your stock wheels and tires and even be ahead a bit financially.

Here's my '11 with a 2.5" Carli system and 36" Toyos on 18x9 Methods:

#13 ·
well if you did decide to get wheels.... black would look damn good on your truck imo. Pretty a$$ truck by the way man!

#14 · (Edited)
Like others have said you can run 35's on the stock wheels. Also you can sell the stock wheel and tire setup for some decent money..

I run 37x13.5x20" on a BMF 20x9" wheel. I have a 2.5" lift though. Man these pics make me really want to go and wash my truck.. It's been like 2 months..

#15 ·
Like others have said you can run 35's on the stock wheels. Also you can sell the stock wheel and tire setup for some decent money..

I run 37x13.5x20" on a BMF 20x9" wheel. I have a 2.5" lift though. Man these pics make me really want to go and wash my truck.. It's been like 2 months..

Hey saleen, have you decided if your goin to color match your chrome up front yet or not? I saw you were thinkin about it on another thread.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#16 ·
Naw the truck is perfect to me right now.. I'm not a big chrome fan, but right now everything flows really well. If I do color match it'll be a while from now. I just got done closing on a house, so it's time to start modding the house and garage to my standards lol.

#17 ·
Lol yeah I hear you on that one. Non the less truck still looks damn good dude.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#19 ·
Lol yeah I hear you on that one. Non the less truck still looks damn good dude.
Thanks man!

Saleen, what is the back spacing and offset of your wheels? Do you have any rubbing? I'm on my phone and its hard to tell from your pics, but is your truck an F-250 or 350?

I've got a 2.5" readylift kit with Fox 2.0 shocks ready to go on my 2016 F-350 but I can't decide whether I want to go with a 35" or a 37" tire. Yours looks awesome with the 37" tires!
I'm not sure of the backspacing of my wheel. You can go on bmf's website and see it though. I did have rubbing, and I rub slightly on the inner arm. I trimmed a bit of the body flare that came stock on my truck and cut the front bumper bracket.. All very minor things to get the look that I wanted. Like 8Lug said though, with the proper offset you'll be fine. I didn't care about the offset I wanted these wheels so I did what I needed to to make them fit ;)

#25 ·
5% all the way around, except the windshield which is 70%.. Soon to be 50% when I replace it from the rock chip that I have.

#26 ·
My current truck has dark tint. Won't do it again can't see out at night. Hard to back up or scared I'm gonna hit a kid.

#28 ·
Can't roll down the rear window. What's even worse is when your backing up and you look out the back window and the slider is all the way to the side. No way you can see out of that. I have to back I'm a pia driveway

#29 ·
yea I have a reverse camera that I use for backing up.. That and LED back up lights light up the world for me.. I can't remember the last time I looked out the back window to be honest when backing up no that i have a back up camera.

#30 ·
Backing up with a 22ft bass boat camera don't help lol

#31 ·
ohh gotcha lol. Yea that would suck. I haven't ran into many issues backing up a car trailer.. But I can only use my side mirrors with that anyways

A dark tint isn't for everyone that's for sure.

#32 ·
:agree: my old 99 silverado had 5% all the way around.... liked the black on black look but damn it was dark.

2011 silvy had 20% on the front to match the back... PERFECT combo imo

waiting to get the front matched on this stroker at 20%, BUT backup camera is amazing! Unless my dump trailer is behind me... aint working so good then

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.