Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Grille Light Bar

14K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  Clearview 
#1 ·
Looking to mount a light bar in the upper opening of my grille, 2015 F350 DRW. Any suggestions from those who have done this, especially on the mounting?
Planning on a bar at least 24"...

#3 ·
I did the 30" from RC too. Very stealthy single row that fits perfect between the C trim pieces in the grill. Either upper or lower channel can be used, or go crazy and do both. You can just barely see it in the lower channel in my pic below.

#4 ·
can you guys post some night shots by chance? on the fence about if I should waste the coin for 1 or 2 or at all, thanks

#7 ·
#12 ·
I bought a piece of 14 gauge steel that was (I think) 31" long by 3" wide. I painted it and mounted it to the brackets that hold the tow hooks. I then mounted my 20" LED light bar to that flat plate. It cost me all of $15 and took longer for the paint to dry than to install.

Reactions: strokinpower
#14 ·
I ordered the Rough Country single bar kit. Should be here Friday. I have a Lund Bull Bar with the LED light bar and it blocks the lower part so I'm going to mount it on the upper.

#17 ·
Thanks a bunch! I was actually looking for that last night with no luck...

#19 ·
Looks pretty straightforward. Good times!

#20 · (Edited)
Got it installed today... Took quite a bit longer than I thought it would but it looks good and works good. I decided to wire it to Upfitter #4 and moved my Lund Bull Bar to #3 . Then I noticed that the Rough Country harness is fused at 30A. Oh well, we'll see how it goes, it should only draw 11-12A... If the fuse blows I'll move it.

It is certainly bright though and for whatever reason I have a ton of hardware left over...

Attachments

#21 ·
We carry really good quality light bars with nice harnesses on our website. Here's a link to them if anyone would like see what we have to offer. I can also answer any questions that you may have. Ford F150 Truck Lighting - Universal at 1A Auto

#23 ·
Sorry for the late reply but to the poster on page 1 I have the RC fog light kit it was $104 shipped. Fits like a dream really well made kit and the lights are bright. Comes with a factory harness and it took me two hours to do without removing the bumper. It would be a lot easier to do with the bumper off though

Reactions: Third Coast
#24 ·
Thanks. I actually ordered the fog light kit thus weekend because they put it on sale for $99 with free shipping. I figured for less than $100 I'd try them out thinking an LED has to be better than the factory fogs.

#26 ·
Maybe someone will post up some pics of the brackets.....:)

Reactions: Piraya33
#33 ·
I was very interested in the RC grill kit, but was concerned about it impeding air flow into the grill after I saw it installed (Both upper and lower). So I ended up installing a 20" Rigid Hyperspot in the lower section (which is dead space anyway) and am happy with the results and 11,500 lumens the Rigid throws. Not to mention, rigid makes a mounting bracket for our trucks that is a no drill bracket and uses all of the existing factory locations...

#34 ·
I was very interested in the RC grill kit, but was concerned about it impeding air flow into the grill after I saw it installed (Both upper and lower). So I ended up installing a 20" Rigid Hyperspot in the lower section (which is dead space anyway) and am happy with the results and 11,500 lumens the Rigid throws. Not to mention, rigid makes a mounting bracket for our trucks that is a no drill bracket and uses all of the existing factory locations...
In what way do you think that the lower grille opening is dead space?! That's the largest opening on the truck for airflow. Its even documented in the Body Builder's Layout book to not block air specifically in that location

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.