Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Recon Side Emblems

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  jimd1050 
#1 ·
Anybody install these? Looking for a little instruction how easy it was to take the factory ones off.

See less See more
#2 ·
good luck getting ones that actually fit right the first time. My buddy had to fight with them 4 different times due to fitment issues of these. Poor quailty and over priced junk recon is

Reactions: lhood6.7
#3 ·
Those look nice, just like the ones they had for the 05-07s years ago. I got some and after a month water started getting in and month 2 they started dieing. Recon quit selling them.

I sure hope you have better luck with them.

#11 ·
The emblems come off the truck quite easy. It's disassembling the emblems that takes some patience.
Still, how do they come off? I have done it on an '08 but the new trucks are quite different and I want to do my 2015. Let us know please... thank you! :dunno:

#12 ·
Assuming your 15 is the same as my 12, I just grabbed them and pulled. If you pop the hood you can see behind them is just a few little snap tabs. I just grabbed onto the emblem, gave it a little pull and it popped right now. No glue or anything like that to deal with.

Reactions: jimd1050
#13 · (Edited)
Excellent... thank you very much. The truck is all black and white and at times, you can't really read the black F350 against the chrome. I'm just going to paint the letters themselves white (toying with red to match the FX4 logo) and then pop them back on. Thanks again! Good lookin' truck, BTW!

#15 ·
I took them off just like you said - it was pretty simple! I took them apart also and decided on "F-350" white and "Super Duty XLT" in Red!

Thanks again for answering my question!

Thats sharp! :nod:

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.