Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tailgate skin

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  midget 
#1 ·
Long story short, the exterior rear skin of my tailgate is rusting from the inside out. I took it to a body shop and was told that I either need a new tailgate, reskin it, or plan on cutting and welding new sheet metal in. Really irk'd me off considering it is only a '13. Anyways, I'm not finding a replacement skin for the 6.7 trucks. Do they share the same skin with any previous years?

#7 ·
#8 ·
Well the search I tried showed a pretty dry market. I found two both would most likely need paint to match your truck. Is the camera in the logo or handle?

I find OEM pricing for the shell to be $800-900. I think if you tried the vendors here you could get a better price but shipping could bring it higher.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-tailgate-asy_dc3z-9940700-a.html

Tail Gate for 2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty|DC3Z-9940700-B : Genuine Factory OEM Parts & Accessories | TascaParts.com
Thank you for looking.

The camera is in the logo.

I had already priced out a new setup already and after paint and shipping, I was looking over 1k. I was hoping to get a skin as I can do the work myself and then have the body shop paint it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.