Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Voodoo LED Bulbs

7K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  jme__gt 
#1 ·
Really interested in the Voodoo LED bulbs for my stock headlight housing- do they work ok in them? Anyone have any pics of them installed? Those guys over at Voodoo seem to know what they're talking about! I see them on here a lot, just wanted some of your alls input before ordering!

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
It's all about the way the LEDs mimic the location of the filament from the halogen bulb they replace, especially in factory reflector style housings.

OEM manufacturers design the reflector optics specifically for each halogen bulb size.

Our optical engineering team has been working extremely hard to develop our SL1 replacement, which puts the LED in the exact location where the filament would be. This makes fantastic use of the factory optics and is the main reason why our replacement creates such a tight hotspot.

Nick C.

#9 ·
haha, so much passion... I run the lifetime LEDs in my 06 housings, and I will admit there is a scatter but the light output is way superior to halogens.

As for build quality you cannot beat the Diode Dynamics product, I have their stuff in my 4runner and the harness, bulbs, and light output are definitely tops.

All that said, I'll be in line for the SL1s to possibly replace the lifetimes.

#11 ·
@Panflick I think there is a new(er) standard on headlights where its no longer about just being bright, its more about being "sharp"... without a retro fit, our headlight housing aren't capable of the sharp cut off lines.

That said, there are also a LOT of discussions about the proper clocking for LEDs because they do not provide a 360* light out put which leads to dark spots. Thats a whole different debate.

#12 ·
Yah I'm not too sure on the standards but I did a one for one comparison on my factory yellowish lights and the LED bulb in factory housing and it appears to have the same sharpness level I had to adjust them on my wall with tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·

This is what a true retrofit puts out. This my low beams and there actually aimed slightly lower since I didn't have the room to properly adjust them.

Plus you can make your housing look a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.