Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2015 f250 qaud projector headlights retrofit

9K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  RayW72 
#1 ·
I did this build for a good friend of mine a month or two back. still have a little more tweaking to get the aiming of the projectors just right, but other than that its done and came out great. We decided to go with 2 pairs of Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0's, and an led concepts uber-flex led switchback strip to handle the turn signal duties. We also paint matched the headlight in ruby red to match the truck.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks awesome! Great job. I used the D2S square projectors for the bottom as I didn't think I wanted to do the quad or dummy look. I instantly regretted it, until TRS released their dummy square shroud. Can't wait to have something look like that. I also kept both bowls chrome but painted the outside to match.

#7 ·
I've been talking with a guy wanting to do mine. I've got rid of all chrome except the headlights. I would still paint the inside of them. I got the paint guy to do the work I just need to know where to order the lights and do the separating the lense

#8 ·
How did you guys wire them up? Did you split the stock harness to handle 2 lights for each side?

#14 ·
thanks for the pics @realtimeaudio. made me finally pull the trigger to order all the parts do the quad lights this weekend. not many pics with the quads on here.

#16 ·
Ya they do have adjustments and what I plan on doing is hooking up the bottom ones only and aiming them then unhooking those and hooking up the top and aiming those and then hooking them all up and they should be lined up the same. It's a lot more work but I think this way is going to give the most crisp line

#17 · (Edited)
Looks great. Curious if you have any of the lights/turn signals in action. I know I had one hell of a time with the front turn signals when I did mine. The BCM shuts down the front turn signal circuit when LED's are added. Resistors are great but they didn't work for me. My front turn signal circuits got permanently shut down in the BCM.

I found the perfect solution. As mentioned in previous threads, the rear turn signals are not shut down by the BCM and are great for tapping into. The only problem, duh, is that they are turn signal and brake lights on the same circuit.

I bought an etrailer 118158 taillight converter from Amazon.

Basically, it takes the combo turn signal/brake light circuit and breaks it out into separate circuits. Best of all, the BCM doesn't seem to care that I tapped into the wires. I just capped off the Red "stop" output wire and didn't use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.