Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help!! Need to get rid of chrome bumpers and grill surround!!

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  fmnspooch 
#1 ·
I have a white 2015 F350 with the tri coat color. It came from the dealer with the chrome front and rear bumpers and chrome grill and i hate the way it looks with the black wheels and black accents. Im not a fan of painting over the chrome because i want something durable and something that will last long.

Does anyone out there know what other options i have? i dont mind purchasing black bumpers and getting them color matched to the truck i just cant find any anywhere.

If anyone is interested in trading let me know.

#2 ·
Honestly I went with aftermarket bumpers and grille insert because IMO it looks better and cost me less than trying to search for used bumpers to have PTM. I got the grille surround from the dealer and painted for $300 out the door. Everyone wants top dollar for painted bumpers because they know of the demand for them. I had to give my Chrome ones away just to get them out of my shop...

#3 ·
If it's not the same white as the Platinum trucks anything you find will need to paint to match. I'd source the parts thru Craigslist or FB. People are selling painted ones just need to find them close to you. Post up your location.

#4 ·
Had a local shop strip the chrome off my grille and paint the surround oxford white and the bars gloss black...holding up great and they did a good job. They're gonna color match my bumpers too eventually.

#6 ·
i was going to say, dip em :thumb:
many colors available custom blends you can gloss coat over them if need be and its way cheaper plus it protects the original factory chrome for resale and can be removed anytime you wish :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.