Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2016 Ford F250 Platinum - Lift Photos

10K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  MikeOK1980 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Recently purchased a 2016 F250 Platinum and wanted to share a few photos and show off my new lift!

1600 miles, added the following goodies:

BDS - 2.5" Radius Arm lift kit. Fox 2.0 shocks, 9500 Steering Stabilizer with 295/65r20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's. Rigid Industries SR-Q back up lights

The improvement in ride quality is pretty dramatic, very impressed with the plushness over bumps as well as the tighter steering feel with the added stabilizer. Of note, I've had to return the truck to Sears Auto 3 times to get the steering wheel corrected to center. It's possible the adjustable track bar supplied in the lift kit is not holding tight and adjusting when I hit a bump in the road, etc. More to come, but it's pretty close right now and will report back if any additional issues pop up.

Tires do add a little road noise but to be expected and isn't' overwhelming. I was worried about the tires rubbing on the front and have had no issues so far which was a nice surprise.

Very happy with the look and the way it drives.

Rigid Industries - SR-Q backup lights. Wired into factory back up light circuit as well as Upfitter Switch 2. Massive amount of extra light and looks pretty sweet flush mounted in the bumper!(Will add another photo tonight showing the lights in daylight).

Up next, Amp Research Power Step and Rough Country Top/Bottom Grille Light kit.

Anyway, love the truck and am happy with the results so far!

-Eric

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking good! :thumb:

#7 ·
The trac bar should only center the front axle side-to-side. If it's coming loose you have bigger problems.

Once that is done the steering wheel can be centered easily by yourself in the driveway. I'd suggest you verify the axle is centered, then adjust the steering. I did this several times to get the steering as close as possible to center. Then driving several times to see if I needed any further adjustments. Do not forget roads are not engineered to be perfectly flat. One road may allow you to drive hands off tracking straight for miles whereas a different road will have you needing to hold the steering wheel (left or right) to keep it straight down the road.

FYI:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.