Electrial Issues - Batteries/Dash go dead - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Electrial Issues - Batteries/Dash go dead

I have 2004 Excursion with about 90,000 miles. Has run great. Recently started having what I thought was dead battery issue. Seemed like something was running batteries dead overnight. Couldn't find anything left on but battery voltage low. Replaced batteries. Problem continued with something running voltage low after sitting overnight. Need to charge for several hours before it will start. Now starting having problem with after running for couple minutes just stops for no reason and won't start until jump or charge batteries again. Have checked grounds etc. and all seems good. Now after getting started and running for several minutes sometimes the dash goes dead and all the gauges go to zero and radio lights go off, but heater/ac lights stay on. Then sometimes after several more minutes the heater/ac turns off and all electric goes dead, engine is running but fan off, windows won't operate etc. If I restart all sometimes seems to work well, or sometime doesn't work. Not consistent. Can't find any rhyme or reason to it all. I'm wondering if I have a major computer malfunction and worrying it will cost thousands to get fixed. Anyone else have similar experience or any ideas? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You may get a better response over in the 6.0 section.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Check ground wires to frame and fuse box and check wires for chaffing by PCM fender wall also make sure positive wire the small ones have good connection to battery
Old 07-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Great. I'll give it a try and let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.