Where is the factory sub????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where is the factory sub?????

Hey all,
Just traded the '09 for a '15 and what a relief. Time for a few tweaks. It's an xlt without the sony system and I'm sure you know the sound isn't great. I want to make an improvement so this is the plan and need some advice too.
It's a crew cab so I need to know where to put sub. Single 8" is fine for me. I want to put it where it won't be seen. I've seen the one that goes into console but not spending that money. Where would factory sub go and what size is that?? Is there one that goes behind rear seat?? Don't want the double 12"s or 10's. Just want a little punch. Planning on deleting rear speakers and putting mid/crossover in front door and tweets up on dash. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 12:52 AM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The factory 8" sub is located behind the middle rear seat. I happen to have a few pictures of the factory sub and amp because I'm about to replace mine with two aftermarket 8" subs. Here is where I bought a vehicle specific sub box for a reasonable price...

Ford F-250 | F-350 Subwoofer Boxes
Attached Thumbnails
Where is the factory sub?????-img_1314.jpg   Where is the factory sub?????-img_1315.jpg   Where is the factory sub?????-img_1321.jpg   Where is the factory sub?????-img_1319.jpg  
Old 07-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Would you sell me your factory sub??
Old 07-04-2014, 11:44 PM
POWERCHOKER

I plan on keeping the factory audio equipment to have for reinstallation when I sell or trade-in the truck.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:39 AM

One thing to be aware of is that on all of the 2015 Super Duties including King Ranch and Platinum, you are not getting the true Sony Audiophile sound system that has the 350 watt amp and high quality speakers that are included in other Ford MyTouch Navigation systems like is on the Ford Explorer.

Instead, the 2015 Super Duty comes with a cheap low quality paper cone speaker system with apparently a 4x35 amp installed on the subwoofer behind the back seat. The sound is a disappointment and lacks any clarity or definition. The Sirius stations are virtually unlistenable.

Don't be fooled by the Sony logo on the door pillar tweeter pods as you are not getting the Sony high end sound system that are in other Ford vehicles.

The 2008s King Ranch had the respectable audiophile system on the King Ranch. The 2011 took a step backwards with the 'Premium' sound system and the 2015 is worse than the 2011 Sound System. It is not enough and is not tuned or equalized for these trucks.

The truck is not bought for the sound system but it would be better if Ford put higher quality into the sound system at least on the Lariat, King Ranch or Platinum trucks.

To improve it, it will take at least $1200 to upgrade the speakers, but that will not address a better amp with the addition of a signal processing unit to get the sound cleaned up with clarity and definition.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:16 PM
POWERCHOKER

This is very true. You can't even experience the full potential of a complete aftermarket upgrade without the use of a signal processor, unless you do away with the factory head unit as well. I'm using Audio Control's LC7i processor in order to get the full benefit of my all new audio system, while retaining the MyFord sync/navigation system.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for tip. I don't have sony system in truck. I ordered kicker 6x8's and likely getting the tuck away sub. Like you said stereo isn't what truck was bought for but the factory unit is way sub par. We traded in explorer that had sony system, and it was nice. However wife just got new suburban and the Bose system in that is amazing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.