Radio, nav, back up cam - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Radio, nav, back up cam

Looking at an XLT with standard radio/cd player. Was wondering what options there are for a unit that integrates the radio, navigation, and perhaps a back up cam. Could be integral with the dash or not. I called Crutchfield and they say they have info on the 11 & 12s, but nothing on the 13s and 14s. Would they be the same or were there some minuscule change that makes them incompatable?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If crutchfield doesn't know, try contacting "METRA" directly. They are the main supplier of install kits that most companies use. The new stereos that are installed at the factory seem to have special plates that don't fit the aftermarket stereos. i.e.. knobs and buttons all over the place. I know that on the new F-150 Metra makes a replacement plate for the center that allows you to add a new stereo without cutting the old plate. Their website is Metra Online | Welcome to Metra Auto Parts Online Warehouse I've used them for years when crutchfield didn't have the answers.

I haven't looked at a 2013 dash yet so I can't offer any personal experience on how to go about installing one. I've installed lots of stereos over the years, but haven't had the opportunity to tackle one that new yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to jontashley For This Useful Post:
msmith (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 11:12 AM

Sweet, thanks! Called and they quickly gave me all of the part #s.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:53 AM

I just installed (about 2 weeks ago) a Pioneer AVIC x850BT in my 2011. I LOVE it. I did the install myself and here is what I needed: (I believe the non-Nav 2013-15 F250s have the exact same dash and radios as my truck)

1. Pioneer X850BT Nav unit: Pioneer 6.1" BuiltIn GPS CDDVD BuiltIn Bluetooth InDash Receiver AVIC-X850BT - Best Buy
2. PAC MS-FRD1. This allows you to retain SYNC as well as plug and play connections for everything, including your factory Subwoofer (if you have one):
Amazon.com: PAC MS-FRD1 Radio Replacement Interface for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury with SYNC Retention: Car Electronics Amazon.com: PAC MS-FRD1 Radio Replacement Interface for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury with SYNC Retention: Car Electronics

3. Metra Dash Kit (you will need to modify it slightly with a razor knife, only to remove the two tabs on the back that aren't used.):
Amazon.com : Metra 95-5812 Double DIN Installation Kit for Select 2004-up Ford Vehicles -Black : Vehicle Receiver Universal Mounting Kits : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Metra 95-5812 Double DIN Installation Kit for Select 2004-up Ford Vehicles -Black : Vehicle Receiver Universal Mounting Kits : Car Electronics

4. Sirius Adapter SVX200v1. This allows you to use the Sirius feature of the headunit. The PAC module above retains Sirius also, but from a little screen you need to mount.
Amazon.com : SiriusXM SXV200v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner for SiriusXM-Ready Car Stereo Receivers : Vehicle Satellite Radio Equipment : Car Electronics Amazon.com : SiriusXM SXV200v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner for SiriusXM-Ready Car Stereo Receivers : Vehicle Satellite Radio Equipment : Car Electronics

5. Metra Axxess. This retains full steering wheel controls.
Amazon.com : Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface : Vehicle Audio Video Accessories And Parts : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface : Vehicle Audio Video Accessories And Parts : Car Electronics

6. Pyle Cameras (The picture isn't what is actually being sold). I purchased 2 of these. One above my rear License plate and the other on the front. I added the one in the rear, because the Pioneer Nav actually allows you to watch the rear camera while driving (it splits the screen between the camera and the nav). The front one is connected to one of my 2 AV inputs. It's mounted to my brush guards top bar and points down towards my winch. So I can see spacing infront of my truck.
Amazon Amazon
Attached Thumbnails
Radio, nav, back up cam-20140603_213116_resized.jpg  
k7lvo likes this.

Last edited by IronCobra; 06-19-2014 at 06:58 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronCobra For This Useful Post:
k7lvo (07-21-2014)
Old 06-25-2014, 06:09 PM

I don't know how I missed this, I just now seen it.

This looks like a pretty sweet outfit. Do you know what nav system it has? Also, I am figuring on an XLT, so the dash is going to be a bit different. Other than that, this is pretty much what I am looking for.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:09 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCobra View Post
I just installed (about 2 weeks ago) a Pioneer AVIC x850BT in my 2011. I LOVE it. I did the install myself and here is what I needed: (I believe the non-Nav 2013-15 F250s have the exact same dash and radios as my truck)

1. Pioneer X850BT Nav unit: Pioneer 6.1" BuiltIn GPS CDDVD BuiltIn Bluetooth InDash Receiver AVIC-X850BT - Best Buy
2. PAC MS-FRD1. This allows you to retain SYNC as well as plug and play connections for everything, including your factory Subwoofer (if you have one): Amazon.com: PAC MS-FRD1 Radio Replacement Interface for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury with SYNC Retention: Car Electronics

3. Metra Dash Kit (you will need to modify it slightly with a razor knife, only to remove the two tabs on the back that aren't used.): Amazon.com : Metra 95-5812 Double DIN Installation Kit for Select 2004-up Ford Vehicles -Black : Vehicle Receiver Universal Mounting Kits : Car Electronics

4. Sirius Adapter SVX200v1. This allows you to use the Sirius feature of the headunit. The PAC module above retains Sirius also, but from a little screen you need to mount. Amazon.com : SiriusXM SXV200v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner for SiriusXM-Ready Car Stereo Receivers : Vehicle Satellite Radio Equipment : Car Electronics

5. Metra Axxess. This retains full steering wheel controls. Amazon.com : Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface : Vehicle Audio Video Accessories And Parts : Car Electronics

6. Pyle Cameras (The picture isn't what is actually being sold). I purchased 2 of these. One above my rear License plate and the other on the front. I added the one in the rear, because the Pioneer Nav actually allows you to watch the rear camera while driving (it splits the screen between the camera and the nav). The front one is connected to one of my 2 AV inputs. It's mounted to my brush guards top bar and points down towards my winch. So I can see spacing infront of my truck.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Wow. That's a nice setup and clean install. I ordered a MyTouch Lockpick because I want to do a camera up front also. I had a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 in my 2007 F-250. It's probably an ancient model now, but it was easier to use than my factory navigation.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
Wow. That's a nice setup and clean install. I ordered a MyTouch Lockpick because I want to do a camera up front also. I had a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 in my 2007 F-250. It's probably an ancient model now, but it was easier to use than my factory navigation.
I originally didn't buy my truck with Nav in 2011 because I had an tablet that I was going to use for nav. I regret that now and wish I would have opted for it then.

That being said, I am upgrading to a 2017 Super Duty when they are released, and will get every feature I can imagine from the factory..

The only reason for me to consider a 2015 truck right now would be the upgraded navigation. My truck only has 18k miles (I drive my company car around most often).
Old 06-26-2014, 01:09 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I originally didn't buy my truck with Nav in 2011 because I had an tablet that I was going to use for nav. I regret that now and wish I would have opted for it then.

That being said, I am upgrading to a 2017 Super Duty when they are released, and will get every feature I can imagine from the factory..

The only reason for me to consider a 2015 truck right now would be the upgraded navigation. My truck only has 18k miles (I drive my company car around most often).
I honestly think a pioneer navigation system will perform better than the factory's system. The MyFord Touch system can be very slow and lacks customization, especially audio settings. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Super Duty in 2017. I hope they unveil the new body style soon.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I ordered a 15 xl and was planning on doing same thing I did with my 12 which was added a ford backup camera, a pioneer touch screen, 8 sub and new door speakers only thing I will be missing is the steering wheel controls. As pioneer in my current truck has a real good hands free system.
Is the wiring there for the hands free if I add the switch on the steering wheel?
I know the wiring is for the cruise.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:

2. PAC MS-FRD1. This allows you to retain SYNC as well as plug and play connections for everything, including your factory Subwoofer (if you have one): Amazon.com: PAC MS-FRD1 Radio Replacement Interface for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury with SYNC Retention: Car Electronics

3. Metra Dash Kit (you will need to modify it slightly with a razor knife, only to remove the two tabs on the back that aren't used.): Amazon.com : Metra 95-5812 Double DIN Installation Kit for Select 2004-up Ford Vehicles -Black : Vehicle Receiver Universal Mounting Kits : Car Electronics

4. Sirius Adapter SVX200v1. This allows you to use the Sirius feature of the headunit. The PAC module above retains Sirius also, but from a little screen you need to mount. Amazon.com : SiriusXM SXV200v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner for SiriusXM-Ready Car Stereo Receivers : Vehicle Satellite Radio Equipment : Car Electronics

5. Metra Axxess. This retains full steering wheel controls. Amazon.com : Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface : Vehicle Audio Video Accessories And Parts : Car Electronics

Amazon.com : Pyle PLCM37FRV Universal Mount Optional Front View & Rear View Backup Color CMD Camera with Built-In Distance Scale Line : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Car Electronics
Does this setup require the left/right switches on the switch assembly on the left side of the steering wheel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.