• 1 Post By blwnsmoke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-05-2014, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford Sync and Daylight Saving Time

Now that DST is upon us, I needed to set the clock on my 2014 F350 Platimun. Told it to sync to the GPS time, and the clock was an hour off.

Searched thru all the settings, but could not see anywhere to tell it to use DST.

Doesn't Ford and Microsoft know about DST?

2014 F350 DRW Kodak Brown Platinum 6.7 PSD
2009 Mustang GT Convertible Candy Apple 4.6
2001 F250 Supercab Bright Amber V10
post #2 of 4 Old 04-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
There used to be a "DST On/Off" option in MFT. I believe that was removed with v3.6.2. Even when it was there, you had to manually change it, so essentially you hit "off" when DST was over with and "on" when we changed the clocks again. It was confusing people because they were all saying the same thing as you, "it doesn't change the clock automatically".

So instead, with 3.6.2, they removed it and all we do is go to settings, clock and then hit the + or - once.

Yes you'd think with this technology that it would do it on it's own but apparently MFT is not capable of doing something that simple.
HeavyAssault likes this.

15 6.7 F350 CCSB 4x4 Platinum Bronze Fire
Husky mats, all LED interior, Nushield for MFT, Bakflip F1 with Bakbox 2, Dieselsite fuel filter, DeeZee tailgate assist.

**Support the Online Vendors!!! Want your best price, buy from Scott Pratt!! Get your truck in 3-4 weeks, order to delivered!!

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/fowlerville-ford/
post #3 of 4 Old 04-06-2014, 02:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Time change

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcreek View Post
Now that DST is upon us, I needed to set the clock on my 2014 F350 Platimun. Told it to sync to the GPS time, and the clock was an hour off.

Searched thru all the settings, but could not see anywhere to tell it to use DST.

Doesn't Ford and Microsoft know about DST?
Just touch the time display on your nav, settings should pop up.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-27-2015, 10:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Anybody else have anymore insight on this subject. This is totally screwed. I have to manually bump my clock ahead an hour in California during the summer but I drive out to Arizona a lot during the summer and when it changes time zones my clock advances an hour when it should stay the same. So I always forget and I'm cruising around AZ thinking it is an hour later. This is ridiculous!

2015 Ford F250 Lariat Ultimate Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4 6.7 - Carli Pintop 4.5" w/ Full Progressive Spring Pack - 18x9 5" BS Fuel Anza Wheels - 37" Toyo Open County M/T - Bakflip F1 - Amp Research steps with OBDII connection - Edge Insight CTS - Magnaflow Pro Series 4" Filter Back - Morimoto Mini D2S HID projectors - S&B Intake - 5 Star Tuning DPF on tune with SCT X4 - Pop & Lock electric tailgate lock

Thanks to CJC Off Road

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode