Sirius xm alert problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-15-2014, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sirius xm alert problems

I don't know if anyone has ever had a problem like this, but I'm hoping someone has and has fixed it. If you are familiar with Sirius on our trucks, you know you can use the alert system to let you know when songs are coming on. I think it's a great feature, when it was working. Now when a song on my alert list comes on, the alert pops up on the screen and the little alarm sounds, just like it's supposed to. However, instead of only going off once, it continues to go off every 15-20 seconds until the song is over. It's very annoying and has forced me to turn the alerts off, which is a feature I like to have on. Has anyone experienced this??? Also, is there a way to "reset" the system to try and fix it??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
athyen is offline  
post #2 of 8 Old 03-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 131
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was having some issues with my system as well shortly after I took delivery of the truck. The dealer navigated through the touchscreen system, and completed a "Master Reset." That solved the problems I was having. I couldn't tell you how to get to that screen, but if you fool around with the menus long enough, you should be able to figure it out.


2014 F250 Platinum
BakFlip F1
Line-X Bed Liner
WeatherTech Floor Liners
WeatherTech No-Drill Mud Flaps
DeeZee Tailgate Strut
5" Shorty Antenna
SOLD: 2001 PSD 4x4 Platinum Edition Lariat Auto CC SRW
Too Much To List

kep5niner is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 03-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ive been having the same issue but only with the alerts going off on the sirius preview channel (channel 184) and it was only with one song. i took that song off the alert list and havent had any problems since. hopefully that fixed it for good. thought i was the only one with that problem.
Barnes01 is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 03-16-2014, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes01 View Post
ive been having the same issue but only with the alerts going off on the sirius preview channel (channel 184) and it was only with one song. i took that song off the alert list and havent had any problems since. hopefully that fixed it for good. thought i was the only one with that problem.
After you said that, I started paying attention to that. That's exactly what mine is doing too. Channel 184 is the only one it does it for, and also only for one song. Haha, wonder if we both have the same song...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
athyen is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 03-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by athyen View Post
After you said that, I started paying attention to that. That's exactly what mine is doing too. Channel 184 is the only one it does it for, and also only for one song. Haha, wonder if we both have the same song...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It was doing it to Let her go by Passenger. and i have my alert list full and not one other song sets it off like that.
Barnes01 is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 03-16-2014, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes01 View Post
It was doing it to Let her go by Passenger. and i have my alert list full and not one other song sets it off like that.
Hahaha, here comes the embarrassment... It's dark horse by Katie Perry that's doing it for me. Not sure if it was the girlfriend, sister, or another girl friend that set it, but it somehow made it on the list. I'll remove it and fix the problem!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
athyen is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 03-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by athyen View Post
Hahaha, here comes the embarrassment... It's dark horse by Katie Perry that's doing it for me. Not sure if it was the girlfriend, sister, or another girl friend that set it, but it somehow made it on the list. I'll remove it and fix the problem!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Haha. ill admit to that song coming on and having to somewhat want to rock out to it.(my gf being in the truck as well) but thats another story. we have all been there. haha. im sure if thats the only song thats doing it then it will fix the problem. i deleted my song off on wednesday and it has yet to do the alerts constantly since then.
Barnes01 is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 03-16-2014, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes01 View Post
Haha. ill admit to that song coming on and having to somewhat want to rock out to it.(my gf being in the truck as well) but thats another story. we have all been there. haha. im sure if thats the only song thats doing it then it will fix the problem. i deleted my song off on wednesday and it has yet to do the alerts constantly since then.
Glad I'm not the only one! I took it off the list this morning and have since not had the problem. I have been in the truck a good bit of the day, and I KNOW that song had played at least a couple times since then. Hopefully it doesn't start with another song! Thanks again!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
athyen is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome