F250 JL Audio install guide - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F250 JL Audio install guide

Wanting to replace all speakers and amp in my F250. only thing that will remain will be the NAV/radio. I want to do it myself but it's been decades since I installed a stereo and I know that trucks nowadays are a bit more complicated. Are there any guides or install instructions our there that will make sure I don't fry something and hook it up correctly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun_driller View Post
Wanting to replace all speakers and amp in my F250. only thing that will remain will be the NAV/radio. I want to do it myself but it's been decades since I installed a stereo and I know that trucks nowadays are a bit more complicated. Are there any guides or install instructions our there that will make sure I don't fry something and hook it up correctly?
If you order your parts from crutchfield.com they always include very detailed instructions. Pictures and everything plus great technical support via phone.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:22 AM

Are their instructions vehicle specific. Like will it be instructions for an F-250?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Crutchfield will supply if available wiring harness adaptors, stereo mounting adaptors, and speaker mounting adaptors with purchases. The installation sheets supplied by them are written by their techs while they actually do an installation on a specific vehicle. Great company with great service, but you pay a little extra for it!
Old 03-22-2014, 04:29 AM

Door speakers are easy. Dig around on the internet for instructions on pulling the panels. Should be a piece of cake. Amps take a little more work, but still not hard. Directions are readily available and don't need to be vehicle specific. The trick will be making things work with your factory head unit. At minimum, you will need an adapter of some kind. Better option is to go with something like a JL Clean Sweep that will take your factory signal and make it much more like the signal quality of an aftermarket head unit, and will give you RCA outputs to run to your amp(s). Best option is a new head unit. That's the most important part of a system, imo, and what I would do first.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:39 AM

Decided to save a little money for now. I have an amp and a 10" sub from my previous truck and think I will just install them for now. May have to buy a new box. How would I hook up this amp to the factory head unit?
Old 04-20-2014, 06:02 AM

Basically just need to know which wire from the stock head-unit is the remote wire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.