03-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Minden, Nevada
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did you read through this section??? Notice the (if equipped).
You can look up if it came equipped by VIN. Copy and paste the following code with your VIN replacing the 1FTxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no quotes) into your address bar. When I look up my truck it shows "Autolock/unlock" under Safety/Security.
Autounlock feature (if equipped)
The autounlock feature will unlock all the doors when:
•the ignition is in the on position, all the doors are closed, and the
vehicle has been in motion at a speed greater than 12 mph (20 km/h);
•the vehicle has then come to a stop and the ignition is turned to the
off ) or accessory position; and
•the driver door is opened within 10 minutes of the ignition being
transitioned to the off or accessory position.
The doors will not autounlock if the vehicle has been
electronically locked before the driver door is opened.
Deactivating/activating autounlock feature
There are three methods to enable/disable this feature:
•Through your authorized dealer,
•by using a power door unlock/lock sequence,
•using a keypad procedure (if equipped)
•or by using the instrument cluster message center (if equipped). Refer
to Optional message center in the Driver controls chapter.
The autounlock feature can be activated/deactivated
independently of the autolock feature.
Power door lock switch autounlock enable/disable procedure
Before starting, ensure the ignition is in the off position and all vehicle
doors are closed. You must complete Steps 1–5 within 30 seconds or the
procedure will have to be repeated. If the procedure needs to be
repeated, wait a minimum of 30 seconds before beginning again.
1. Place the key in the ignition and turn the ignition to the on position.
2. Press the power door unlock control on the door panel three times.
3. Turn the ignition from the on position to the off position.
4. Press the power door unlock control on the door panel three times.
5. Turn the ignition back to the on position. The horn will chirp one time
to confirm programming mode has been entered and is active.
6. To enable/disable the autounlock feature, press the lock control, then
press the unlock control. The horn will chirp once if autounlock was
deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autounlock was
7. Turn the ignition to the off position. The horn will chirp once to
confirm the procedure is complete.
Keyless entry keypad autounlock enable/disable procedure
1. Turn the ignition to the off position.
2. Close all the doors.
3. Enter factory–set 5–digit entry code.
4. Press and hold the 3•4. While holding the 3•4, press and release
the 7•8. While still holding the 3•4, press and release the 7•8 a second time.
5. Release the 3•4.
The user should receive a horn chirp to indicate the system has been
disabled or a chirp followed by a honk to indicate the system has been