2014 Lock Pick?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MorganM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 05:57 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2014 Lock Pick??

Another question guys, my F250 had an aftermarket head unit in it which allowed us to use the navigation/dvd etc, while driving. MY new F350 DRW has the factory nav/touchscreen. I have read on several other threads about "lock picks". I know what it does, I think, but where do I get one? What does it look like? How is it installed? Etc, Etc.

This would be for a 2014, F350 DRW, Lariat Ultimate, FX4.

Thanks yall!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

MYTOUCH LOCKPICK

plug and play installation. Just remove the center dash bezel and remove the screen. Unplug harness. Plug in lockpick harness in-line. reinstall. Done. Use steering wheel buttons (phone and voice).

If you have additional cameras, you can install them into the lockpick harness for video and camera power.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

This will be a better product when it's available, AND it's engineered by a superduty owner from this site.

4D Tech, Inc. | Ford Navigation and Accessories
ceking35 likes this.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the my ford touch Lockpick in my 2014 f350 lariat and am very happy with it. Easy instal and easy to use. I wanted it to have a second backup camera on my fifth wheel and it works beautifully. Having the ability to program nav while driving is great too.
It seems to be very well made and comes with excellent instruction. If you are using an additional backup camera, I routed the wire from the back bumper up through the rubber grommet where the transmission shift cable goes from the the cab to the tranny. I had to cut the grommet slightly, but then just used silicone to seal it back up.
To remove the dash and touchscreen, pop out the 12 and 110 volt outlet panels at the bottom (there is an indent to get a screw driver in there) and it will expose two small bolts. Remove the bolts, and the rest of the dash just pops off. Once it is off the screen comes out with four bolts;very obvious. Really easy job and the lockpick just plugs right in. Plenty of room to work with. I highly recommended this setup if you want to use the factory screen for a second backup camera. I have so much more confidence backing up my 36' fifthwheel now.
I had a few questions and costal etech was great with helping me. Very knowledgable techs. They said they are selling a ton of these to Ford owners that want a camera on their camper.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:08 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
MYTOUCH LOCKPICK

plug and play installation. Just remove the center dash bezel and remove the screen. Unplug harness. Plug in lockpick harness in-line. reinstall. Done. Use steering wheel buttons (phone and voice).

If you have additional cameras, you can install them into the lockpick harness for video and camera power.
Will this work for the 2014 year model as well?

Thanks for the help!!
Old 03-28-2014, 10:20 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Subscribed.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Morgan that looks great, thx for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.