Sync and 2014 F-350 Just talked to Ford shoot me now!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sync and 2014 F-350 Just talked to Ford shoot me now!!

I bought a brand new 2014 F-350 Platinum. The only thing I am unhappy with is Pandora not able to display track Data or Album Art through Bluetooth. I paid for this package not as a beta tester. Does anyone see this as a issue? I attached our conversation here.

Please wait for a SYNC Agent to respond.
Barbie says:
Hello Randall Williams. My name is Barbie, how can I help you?
Randall Williams says:
I have a 2014 F-350 Platinum with sync and it works the problem is blue tooth will not display the song titles or album art thru Pandora to the screen??
Barbie says:
I will be happy to help you regarding streaming music to SYNC, Randall.
Barbie says:
What type of cell phone and service provider do you have?
Randall Williams says:
the music streams fine just no data NOTE 3 Samsung and T-mobile
Barbie says:
Thank you. One moment please while I research information pertaining to your cell phone. It may take up to three minutes.
Randall Williams says:
ok I have looked all over and can't find anything.
Barbie says:
I appreciate your patience. Does your Ford F-350 have the large MyFord Touch radio display?
Randall Williams says:
Yes ma'am
Randall Williams says:
Just says unknown data while streaming
Randall Williams says:
it works fine in other vehicles.
Barbie says:
I understand. Unfortunately, based on your type of SYNC system, the music information for mobile apps, is not designed to stream to your SYNC system. This particular feature is called AppLink, and is currently not available for vehicle equipped with MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch vehicles.
Randall Williams says:
so I spend 70K and there is no way to fix it?
Barbie says:
Our priority is on completing the roll-out of AppLink across the SYNC (Gen 1) system, including making it available for older model vehicles, and continuing to migrate it to Europe and Asia. AppLink is not yet available for MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch systems. You do have the ability to use the voice command, “Bluetooth Audio,” when using supported mobile apps with SYNC.
Randall Williams says:
When might this come out so that I can see the name instead of unknown data?
Barbie says:
As of right now, we do not have an exact release date, however, as soon as the Gen 1 vehicles are fully equipped with the AppLink capability, the Gen 2 (MyTouch) vehicles will become equipped. You will receive notification when AppLink is released for your vehicle.
Randall Williams says:
Thank i know it is not your problem,but when you spend 70k for something and your friends get in your vehicle I hear ford can't fix that and i get bashed. makes me wonder if I made the right choice. all there bt in the vehicles work fine...
Barbie says:
I understand your concern. I will be happy to submit your feedback to the appropriate personnel. We take all customer feedback seriously, and into consideration for future improvements to our SYNC features.
Randall Williams says:
I read the board and saw it was across many cars. I just hope they fix the meta data soon. I heard from one of my guys today that said Ford is running away from sync and going to something else, just hope that is a rumor..
Randall Williams says:
thanks for your time...
Barbie says:
You're very welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Randall Williams says:
that is the only thing broken on the truck...
Randall Williams says:
thanks
Barbie says:
Thank you for chatting with the In-Vehicle Technology team, please take a short survey to rate my service. Click on the small red "X" in the top right hand corner to launch the survey. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2014, 08:59 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn. She sounded really hot. I love hot babes...
Old 02-27-2014, 05:26 AM

My 2014 larait shows my song titles and artist through bluetooth. I have not notice any album art.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-27-2014, 07:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't see this as an issue. I don't have the track issue, shows up on mine.

I don't care about album art. I delete the album art so it doesn't show up when using my ipod/iphone to listen to music and turn every feature off that would allow it to be displayed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.