Backup Sensors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Backup Sensors

Anyone else have an issue with their backup sensors being overly sensitive? Mine beeps at me any time I put the truck in reverse. I've cleaned the sensors to verify there isn't trash setting them off but still have the same sensitivity. The dealer says it's normal but my 06 never beeped constant in reverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine do it on my '09. It was actually a bad sensor that needed to be replaced. I now have two bad sensors and decided to say fu(k it as the sensors are expensive and seem to go out quite often. I was quoted $500 for parts and labor to install two new sensors in addition to the hour shop rate to diagnose the problem.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:47 PM

Thumbs up

I had this issue last spring and it is NOT normal!!! My dealer could not duplicate the issue and the Ford tech line said to replace the PAM but it didn't fix the false beeping.

I luckily have some "friends" in upper management at the Kentucky Truck Plant and their answer was:

"99% of the time, a FALSE tone with nothing behind the unit is a SENSOR issue. 50% of the time, they are just dirty or ICE. Our sensors DO NOT LIKE ICE. The KEY thing here is to capture the truck exhibiting the concern and monitor the PIDS using the diagnostic tool (any Ford Dealer will have this). They will need to pull up the PIDS for the PAM module and monitor the rear sensors, the PID values are: LR_CNRD, LR_CTRD, RR_CNRD, RR_CTRD."

"A GOOD reading will read 100in with NOTHING behind the unit. But, if you can capture the beep while nothing is behind the unit, you will most likely see ONE of these values go anywhere from 0-40 in.
The sensor that is bad should be changed.

LR_CNRD – Left Rear Corner
LR_CTRD – Left Rear Center
RR_CNRD – Right Rear corner
RR_CTRD – Right Rear center

If you can’t repeat it, I would suggest all 4 sensors be replaced."

They sent 4 new tested sensors to my dealer FEDX overnite and the problem never came back .
Old 11-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

greygearhead,
Thanks for the info brother. I am taking the truck in today for a faulty tire pressure sensor and I will ask about this.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So I had to basically force the dealer to test my backup sensors and they found the two inner sensors were bad. Replaced the sensors and now it works great.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:52 AM

Thumbs up

Ah, the power of the internet. Knowledge is POWER! Glad they decided to see it your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.