Mytouch problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mytouch problems

Has anyone else had issues with this thing? My wife took the truck yesterday and the radio stopped working and will not work at all now. The screen is working fine but no music will play no matter what you select. Turn the volume knob and nothing happens. Power button does nothing as well as all of the preset buttons and the tune knob.
I went into settings and did a master reset and it did nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Maintenance dept. at the local dealership is closed already for the day so I'm stuck until Monday. Only thing I else I can think of would be disconnect the batteries for a a while and see if it somehow resets itself.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2013, 10:48 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

That's what I was going to say, disconnect the Batteries. I had a simillar issue with my 10, even though they are different units, same problem, screen and nav still worked, but no music, and I was only half way through my trip, so luckily it was in the morning on a weekday, the dealer told me to disconnect the batts for 30 mins and thn reconnect them. Did it, and it worked, got my Sirius back and my iPod functions.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:32 AM

I had this same problem yesterday with my 2013 Lariat with the MFT and navigation. I spoke with the 1-800 SYNC help line and they walked me through the reset. After doing this several times, the radio portion would still not work. The help line mentioned that a Sirius update happened yesterday and that they had multiple calls with the same problem. After I got home, I disconnected the batteries and turned the headlights on to drain the electronics. After 1 hour, I reconnected the batteries and the radio functions were restored. After doing this, I spoke with a local dealer and they said that they would have done the same as part of their diagnostics. After inputting all of my preferred settings, it was back to normal. Hope this helps.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Premium Member

Thanks guys. I disconnected the batteries before left, went out for a ride on the bike, and I'll reconnect them when I get back. Hopefully the problem will be fixed.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Premium Member

Reconnected the batteries and everything seems to be working fine now. Had that stupid wrench light pop on the first time I drove it after but it turned itself off.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:34 AM

I feel for you all. I had a Taurus sho that Ford did a buy back on because the system was such a disaster. It is a shame that Ford cannot get it working right even now. That is what they get going with Microsoft. Not that Dodge is great but there system is, I believe, unix based and is quick and responsive. Ford needs to get that system straight and fast. It it has been three years now. I found the only way for connected media to work well is to stream Bluetooth. Though my nav system would constantly freeze up. The prior generation system with the large screen was the best OEM nav system I ever used.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had this exact same radio problem right as I was leaving on an 8 hour road trip!!! A reset didn't fix the problem but, upon further research, rather than disconnecting the battery, I pulled the fuse for Sync with the truck running, turned the truck off, put the fuse back in, then started the truck. Sync restarted and the radio worked.

I can't remember the fuse number, but it's in the manual. The fuse box is on the passenger side foot well, by your right foot.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:34 AM

Driving back home from Louisiana this weekend, my Sirius radio did the same thing 2 or 3 times. The screen was still on, the station was displayed, as well as the song being played. But no sound, and I could not change stations.

So I reached over and touched the FM tab... and the system switched to FM radio. I touched the Sirius tab again, and the system switched back to Sirius radio, which now played just fine. I had full control again.

Like I said... it did this 2 or 3 times on me. Usually after stopping for gas or something, and restarting the vehicle... and once, while driving along, right in the middle of a song the system just cut out. I did the same as above (FM tab, Sirius tab) and all was normal again.

Last edited by ATCguy; 11-07-2013 at 03:40 AM. Reason: typos
Old 10-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Premium Member

When mine screwed up nothing would play. I could switch between the different inputs but no music on anything.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:12 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Dang, you guys are scaring the crap out of me with all these stories of the my touch system not functioning properly. I just got word that my 2014 just arrived, and I was all excited, but now I'm a bit freaked out, that $h!t aint gonna work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.