Sync Dead No Fix - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sync Dead No Fix

So my Sync took a crap...totally died. I call Sync, go through their "troubleshooting", which turned out to be pulling the fuse. Didn't work. Also disconnected the batteries for over an hour. No luck. No bluetooth. No USB.

I call Sync back, they say take it to dealer. Warranty was up 10K miles ago...but truck is less than a year old. So I call Ford Customer Relations. They say I "meet the criteria" for financial assistance and advise I take it to the dealer.

Dropped truck off yesterday. They come back with "computer died in Sync, $700+ parts & labor". I demanded they cover it, since it isn't mileage related and is less than 12 months old.

Next day (today)...they won't budge...offered to cover half...but that's not good enough for me. $63K MSRP and electronics won't last a year? Googled Sync problems, holy crap, 400 out of every 1000 Sync systems require dealer service...class actions have been filed...thousands of pages of people in similar situations.

Yes, I skipped the extended warranty...I drive too much to have it pay off. Even in this case, it wouldn't pay off. Yes, I have the money to fix it. But for me it is about principal...I posted many months ago about my Sync issues, before it totally broke, before my warranty was up. I didn't take it into the dealer then, because that's a pain, I make my living with my truck, and the problems have been very intermittent...until now.

What happened to standing behind your product? Less than 12 months...there should be no arguments for something like this...even if I'm 10K over. $700 parts and labor is their list price...they're willing to settle at $350 or so...seriously, why anger a customer (who is eagerly waiting for the 2015 King Ranch to be released) over a few hundred bucks?

I asked for them to just give me the part and I'll do the work. Nope, they won't do that either. Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What do you mean they won't just sell you the part? I'd call Ford and tell them the situation, you might get the results you're looking for from corporate.

Some dealers are cheap, and the service department especially so in most cases. No doubt they called Ford for approval, and Ford told them it wasn't covered, so the dealer is reaching into their pocket and handing you $350 cash towards your out-of-warranty repair as a sign of good faith. Yes, I agree Ford should fix it -- less than 12 months old, and not a wearable component in any way. No, I don't think the dealer should pay for it out of their own pocket.

Greg
Old 10-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Actually you have it flipped Greg. Ford corporate is offering to pay for half. The dealer hasn't offered any assistance. My proposal was to take the half Ford was offering, use it to pay for the part, and I'll do the labor. Dealer says no...but they're not helping me with anything. If it was the Service Manager's wife it would be getting fixed...or one of the tech's cousins. That's what makes me mad...I know the dealer could fight for me...and I know they could be helping me...especially on something so small...but they're not willing to do so. And I know they agree it should be covered and last more than 10 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.