sync upgrade - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sync upgrade

downloaded upgrade to new flashdrive, followed instructions to a T, system will not initialize upgrade. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i believe there were 2 files a folder and a command prompt file that the system recognizes when the flash drive is inserted. Also truck must be running. I would re download the file and try again.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

There's trucks will not recognize really large thumb drives. Cont remember the largest size it will recognize, but it isn't big. Not sure if that is the problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Old 09-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had trouble, but got it in... here's how I did it...

I have a 2013 Platinum and ran the upgrade a few weeks ago... was having issues with bluetooth & maps primarily. Followed directions as well and, if I remember correctly it failed on "Step 1 of 8" which was the very beginning. I let it sit and run for about 30 mins without turning off the truck, etc (as the directions say) before I gave up on it...

I then turned off the truck and the system was hung and SYNC/radio would not power off even with the key removed. In order to get it to work, I unplugged the radio fuse (located passenger side kick panel) for about 10 seconds with the truck off... put the fuse back in and followed directions. The update installed successfully.

NOTES: It did take about 30min to complete and cycled power and some of the steps took much longer than others. Also, I was installing from a 64Gb USB drive, so drive size is probably not as much of an issue as if there were a format problem on it. Make sure the drive is clear and only has the files that you downloaded.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.