Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

sync upgrade

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Holla 
#1 ·
downloaded upgrade to new flashdrive, followed instructions to a T, system will not initialize upgrade. Thoughts?

#4 ·
I had trouble, but got it in... here's how I did it...

I have a 2013 Platinum and ran the upgrade a few weeks ago... was having issues with bluetooth & maps primarily. Followed directions as well and, if I remember correctly it failed on "Step 1 of 8" which was the very beginning. I let it sit and run for about 30 mins without turning off the truck, etc (as the directions say) before I gave up on it...

I then turned off the truck and the system was hung and SYNC/radio would not power off even with the key removed. In order to get it to work, I unplugged the radio fuse (located passenger side kick panel) for about 10 seconds with the truck off... put the fuse back in and followed directions. The update installed successfully.

NOTES: It did take about 30min to complete and cycled power and some of the steps took much longer than others. Also, I was installing from a 64Gb USB drive, so drive size is probably not as much of an issue as if there were a format problem on it. Make sure the drive is clear and only has the files that you downloaded.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.