Ford MyTouch Sync Update released today to Gen 2 V3.6.2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Ford MyTouch Sync Update released today to Gen 2 V3.6.2

This fixed my issue with radio changing audio sources from USB when I turned the radio on manually (no key in the ignition, but turn on with the radio power button), then start the engine. I noticed it displayed "HD" on one FM radio station in the two minutes I used it after the update.

They still haven't fixed the wi-fi passwords yet. Last update only allowed numeric entry. This update added alpha, but it still greys out the characters.

Not sure if this refines the large USB drive indexing. I went to a smaller 16GB drive from the 32 GB due to constant re-indexing. The current drive doesn't seem to re-index even before the update.

Quote:
DA5T-14D544-BD

The latest SYNCŪ update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:
Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
Simplified graphics and improved usability
Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
Updated SYNC/device compatibility information

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete. Be sure to keep your engine running, not in accessory mode, throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system. If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.) Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid the engine shutting off. The AEIS will automatically reset to "On" the next time you start your vehicle.

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal.

When your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification saying, "Installation complete."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 05:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Updated. I noticed several changes. The HD symbol on lower entertainment screen is illuminated now. I have a new screen with 4 menus I never had before. The whole update took like 30 minutes to install. I did have to pair my phone again, no big deal.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wifi Passwords

Jetskier, not sure if you know this solution, so I'll post it here. In order to get the wifi working properly, you have to "trick" the system. Do this by first going as far as you can in the wifi settings (Trying to enter alpha characters) when you hit the greyed out keyboard, click on the navigation corner. Select Destination, street address, and select city or street. This will bring up the full working keyboard. Type a character then delete it. Immediately go back to the wifi section again and proceed through the steps. If done properly, the alpha keyboard will now function (Although sometimes it takes 3 presses of any letter to register) and you can set your wifi password to connect to a router/hotspot, and if equiped, you can set up as an access point. Hope this helps!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachinagi View Post
Jetskier, not sure if you know this solution, so I'll post it here. In order to get the wifi working properly, you have to "trick" the system. Do this by first going as far as you can in the wifi settings (Trying to enter alpha characters) when you hit the greyed out keyboard, click on the navigation corner. Select Destination, street address, and select city or street. This will bring up the full working keyboard. Type a character then delete it. Immediately go back to the wifi section again and proceed through the steps. If done properly, the alpha keyboard will now function (Although sometimes it takes 3 presses of any letter to register) and you can set your wifi password to connect to a router/hotspot, and if equiped, you can set up as an access point. Hope this helps!
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stroker 8" View Post
Updated. I noticed several changes. The HD symbol on lower entertainment screen is illuminated now. I have a new screen with 4 menus I never had before. The whole update took like 30 minutes to install. I did have to pair my phone again, no big deal.
Are you talking about the home screen with Phone, Nav on the top two quadrants and the radio and climate on the bottom???

If so, the home screen was added in the Nov 2012 update. Of course, I bought the truck with that update so I don't know what it looked like before.

I did notice this update shows the artist and song title on the home screen above the 6 preset buttons. I wish they'd put a small nav map on the home screen rather than just the compass and street name. Better yet. It'd be nice to have Audio on left, Nav on right or top/bottom. Need more customization with this thing.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

No, as soon as the update completed there was a screen with 4 menus that looked like a new Nav update. I will take pic later and post it.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok. I just thumbed through it again and didn't see anything new.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:55 AM

Just updated mine. I do like how the song/artist shows up now on the home screen in the radio quadrant.

John
Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 PM

Just did mine as well. Lets see if my radio and phone will work without having a mind of its own now.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Like the increased touch zones on the home screen - can touch anywhere in the quadrant instead of just the corner.
For some reason my phone keeps disconnecting though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.