Ford Remote Access - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford Remote Access

I've been waiting for something like this to finally come out! I know that Viper has SmartStart and I've installed the Compustar Drone in a few cars (I actually have one laying at home), but since I'm anal and my truck has the factory remote start, I want factory integration. I've sold and installed hundreds of remote start units over the years and I've looked at the installation instructions for the DL3Z-19G364-A. Everything is plug and play and as far as I can tell if the vehicle has the OEM remote start enabled then there is really no need for the dealer. Every mention of Remote Access says trip to the dealer required but for what? Sim card activation? I would think this was done through the website with the SIM number and pin during registration. Most of the dealers I've called never heard of Remote Access, one told me Ford doesn't have such a thing even after I gave them a part number, and the only one to give me a price was $580 for the unit and a day for installation. Does anyone here have any knowledge of this? If not I may have to buy it online and try it out myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterKrunch View Post
I've been waiting for something like this to finally come out! I know that Viper has SmartStart and I've installed the Compustar Drone in a few cars (I actually have one laying at home), but since I'm anal and my truck has the factory remote start, I want factory integration. I've sold and installed hundreds of remote start units over the years and I've looked at the installation instructions for the DL3Z-19G364-A. Everything is plug and play and as far as I can tell if the vehicle has the OEM remote start enabled then there is really no need for the dealer. Every mention of Remote Access says trip to the dealer required but for what? Sim card activation? I would think this was done through the website with the SIM number and pin during registration. Most of the dealers I've called never heard of Remote Access, one told me Ford doesn't have such a thing even after I gave them a part number, and the only one to give me a price was $580 for the unit and a day for installation. Does anyone here have any knowledge of this? If not I may have to buy it online and try it out myself.
Wanna sell the viper u have ?? How much ??
Old 07-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well after getting no info from any local dealers, and being quoted $880 for the unit installed, I bought one online. I suppose I will find out in a week what happens.

Jason, I have the Compustar unit not the Viper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

subscribed
Old 07-11-2013, 03:21 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Definitely subscribed. Just read an article that it works on the F150, so it has to work on the SD.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's listed on the Ford sites as working for the 11-12 SD's. I should have the unit this Wednesday, and hopefully have answers that night.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-13-2013, 08:39 PM

I haven't done the remote access kits, but all the plug and play kits have to have remote access turned on using the scan tool, but if you have a remote start install already you shouldn't have to worry about that
Old 07-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Serving Our Country!

Subscribed....
Old 07-14-2013, 04:37 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPT_RAIDER View Post
I haven't done the remote access kits, but all the plug and play kits have to have remote access turned on using the scan tool, but if you have a remote start install already you shouldn't have to worry about that
What are saying, if you have a remote start the remote access will work, or if you have a remote start you don't need the remote access?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

UPDATE

I got the package today!!! Hardware installation took about 10 minutes including programming the RMST unit. I do have the factory remote start which means the truck has the hood switch, the antenna installed above the glove box (which I don't know why this system needs it) as well as having remote start enabled in the ECU. Where I am stuck now is at the dealer login. It turns out the SIM card needs to be activated through the PTS webpage although it doesn't tell you this specifically in the instructions. Only after you finish all of the "tests" (lock, unlock, start, stop) will you get a PIN number to use with the SIM to signup for service. Since my three local dealers won't help is there anyone here that can login to their PTS and run my info through? I think a Paypal donation would be in order for helping.

UPDATE!!!!--
Well thanks to my friendly parts guy at the dealership I am up and running. He followed the instructions, click click, tap tap and done. Neither one of the parts guys have even heard of Remote Access so they both had a learning experience today. Within minutes of me walking in they had wireless communication with my truck. Two more minutes and they were verifying that each function worked. Two more minutes and I had a PIN number to go with the SIM number. Two more minutes and I was controlling with my phone. I'm a happy camper. Good news too, if someone wants to do their own install and they can't find someone to do the activation these guys would be willing to help. Everything can be done over the phone.

Last edited by ScooterKrunch; 07-17-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Added update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.