Trailer Wiring - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trailer Wiring

Had a tough weekend on the trailer wiring, put the boat in the water without unplugging now I have all kinds of electrical problems in my trailer hookups.

I have a 2013 F350 6.7 so I'm not getting much help on manuals since they aren't out yet. The trailer tail lights work but backup and stops/right/left are all out. I've pulled every fuse and swapped relays that makes sense in the manual.....can't find the problem. Any one got some ideas? Anyone know of an inline fuse somewhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check all the trailer bulbs, if water got into the light housings the bulbs are probably your problem.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:12 AM

If you've got a multi meter and know how to use it, or even a very simple 12VDC test light, you can see if you have voltage at the trailer plug on your truck. You said the tail lights are working, so you can skip that step. Have someone step on the brake pedal and see if you have brake lights operating on the truck and then see if you have 12V at whichever pin is used for the stop lights, at the trailer plug. If there is voltage there (12VDC), then it's obvious that the trailer has the problem and not the truck.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Looks like we got it. The trailer has multiple grounding and it masked my problem. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.