2013 Ford Sync with MyFord Touch - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 Ford Sync with MyFord Touch

I have a 2013 f250 Lariat. It has the new screen and the Synch with MyFord Touch.

Does anyone have issues with this? I really made it a point to get this option, and it cost me a lot. In a LOT of ways, I am very unhappy with this head unit.

1. Navigation. I live in Houston, should have good connectivity. Sometimes after I enter in the navigation it takes like 5 minutes to start "Loading" the directions. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all and I have to re-enter it like 5x.

Or - There will be a million roads along, I'm on the main road, all of a sudden out of nowhere it will show I'm on the feeder road. Tell me to take wrong turns because of this mistake, wrong directions, next thing I know I'm 10 minutes late to my movie because it can't track which road I am on. And these are not new roads by any means. These are main interstates in Houston.

2. Syncing with my phone. I have a brand new Note 2 with AT&T. When I make phone calls, I would say it actually syncs to the truck 60% of the time. Sometimes it goes to my phone, my phone "shows" that it's on headset, i.e. working through the truck, but nothing comes out inside the truck. No ringing (volume is up) etc. So I end up calling from my phone instead after it messing with phone calls.

3. Music. I listen to sirius a lot. Pretty much only serious. Somtimes it just freezes. Yesterday the whole thing froze for at least 10 minutes with no music. Couldn't change stations, nothing.

I took it to the dealer but they were like no help. The navigation I'm pretty sure they were just putting in addresses and seeing it was working. The addresses show up fine, even on the map, it's when it comes to loading the directions it's the issue. I could take it to another Ford dealership, but it's just a huge hassle. I love this truck, and when the head unit works, it's an AWESOME feature. But I feel like I paid far too much to be having these type of issues on a $60k+ dollar truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Premium Member

I have a 12 minus the new MyFord Touch and I find myself using the google nav on my note 2 more than what came with the truck.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes mine does all these things but has never stalled for very long maybe 30 sec tops. Navigation is absolutely useless since i put the lift and tires on mine. It puts me a 1/4 mile away from where i actually am
Old 06-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I do not notice any of those issues I have stock tires and no lift. I generally do not depend on the nav though 100% always double check stuff. I was in Houston couple weeks ago and did use the Nav.

Sync and everything else also works great.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:20 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mine showed i was off 60+ yards took it in and they said the GPD module was fried. It also wouldnt show the weather map for the (!) button.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:14 AM
Premium Member

Ripped mine out of the truck and installed all new aftermarket components.
AHHHHH Love it.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:58 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
IPad in dash!

I'm sure it's not what you want to hear, but working for ford I made it a point to find a truck without the factory navigation in 2012. If I would have gotten a 13 it would not have had my ford touch it is very problematic. Phone compatibility list my ford touch does not list the note II yet.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaSteve View Post
IPad in dash!

I'm sure it's not what you want to hear, but working for ford I made it a point to find a truck without the factory navigation in 2012. If I would have gotten a 13 it would not have had my ford touch it is very problematic. Phone compatibility list my ford touch does not list the note II yet.
Yeah, wish I would have known that instead of looking specifically FOR that feature

Oh well, with all the issues I had with the aftermarket stereo in my last Jeep, this still comparison to that heaping pile of...
Old 07-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodifer View Post
yes mine does all these things but has never stalled for very long maybe 30 sec tops. Navigation is absolutely useless since i put the lift and tires on mine. It puts me a 1/4 mile away from where i actually am
You just have to disconnect your batteries, wait 10 minutes and then reconnect them. You can thank me later.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Premium Member

Why does lift/bigger tires affect it? Mine like to perform "scheduled maintenance" randomly and basically shut down and restart while I'm driving and using it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.