Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy S3 synced? Text mess? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 11:10 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy S3 synced? Text mess?

Dealer synced my S3 and I recived a text no problem.. then it quit. I deleted the phone and reinstlled it.. got first text message ok...then nothing... any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I can't get mine to read text at all. Subscribed.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:20 PM

I also have an S3 and wasted a couple of hours messing around with this. What I saw was I can receive, and reply to, text messages as long as the truck is sitting still (or probably less than 3 mph). Once you're moving reply seems to be disabled. IF I try to use voice commands I get the "phone not compatible" message which is BS since it will work standing still. The owners manual mentions an advanced menu under the phone settings, that seems to have disappeared, that dealt with text message configuration (MAP Profile). From what I've been able to find on the net, this function was broken with the Sync update late last year. FWIW it works the same in my wives explorer. If anyone knows how to get to the MAP Profile menu I would be interested to here how its done.

John

Last edited by Action H53; 06-19-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:41 PM

Ah... both of the texts I was abel to recive I was standing still.... odd...
Old 06-19-2013, 04:41 PM

Coincidentally my wife sent me a text on the way home from work. I should clarify what I'm getting in the truck. While driving when I get a text I get the information box pop up, and if I'm quick enough, I can hit listen and hear the message. If I try to use voice commands I get the "your phone doesn't support" message. Either way, you can't reply while moving. If you want to prove that the reply function is disabled while moving, pull up the message screen under the phone menu while stopped. Staying on that screen start driving and you will see the reply and view (I think) options grey out. All of this is not a big deal except it bugs me that A) Sync says that my phone doesn't support messaging when it obviously does, and B) if they encourage you to use the phone "hands free", why can't you reply to a text in the same manner?

JMCFAN - sorry if I'm rambling on, the only thing I know that may help is make sure you say yes to all the questions when pairing up your phone. I'd be very interested to know if anyone has had better luck with the S3.

John

Last edited by Action H53; 06-19-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action H53 View Post
The owners manual mentions an advanced menu under the phone settings, that seems to have disappeared, that dealt with text message configuration (MAP Profile).
This is actually a setting in the Bluetooth profile on your Android OS. I had to turn off BT, enable setting, then delete the pairing and re-pair to get the new BT profile to register with Sync.

I get the same "your phone doesn't support" BS as well trying to do the voice thing to read the message. Very annoying.

Also... (kinda related) at some point when trying to pair it went into some weird loop were it wouldn't complete the pair process. I ended up needing to do the factory reset on the myTouch to get it to work again. Since then it's been fine. Takes a LONG time to reset but oddly didn't even lose my station presets.

HTH,
Sean
Old 06-20-2013, 05:31 AM

Thanks Sean! I'll give it a try when I get off work tonight.

John
Old 06-21-2013, 06:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to Lococoin
What year of trucks are you talking about? I have an s3 hooked up to my navigation in my 2012 and it will show a message but won't say who it is from. Does yours show who its from?

By reply do u mean an actual reply or the generic ones that are pre programmed in the nav? Mine only shows the generic replies.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.