Trouble with Homelink - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 03:16 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trouble with Homelink

I took delivery of my new F350 and wanted to "program" the Homelink to my garage door opener frequency. I have a standard Liftmaster garage door opener.

The programming instructions are on page 172 of the Owners Manual.

The Homelink device does not respond. It simply lights the red LED when the Homelink button is push. It does not blink slow or fast like the instructions say it will while receiving the signal from the garage opener remote control.

My Homelink will blink showing it has erased stored frequencies when buttons one and three are pressed and held for 20 seconds. This is all the response I can get out of my Homelink.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Maybe there is some trick to teaching a Homelink device.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 04:08 AM

Are you pressing remote and homelink at same time when training homelink button ? Or do you hold homelink and it finds radio frequency?
Old 03-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Premium Member

Opener in Learn?

Also you may have a garage door opener that needs to be in Learn in order to marry up. I have an older LiftMaster and it needed to have the learn button pushed on the opener itself in order for the system in the truck to marry up. If you still have the LiftMaster manual it will tell you. If you don't - Google it and I am sure you can find it online.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:05 PM

Today I tried my wife's vehicle with Homelink. When I press an "un learned" button it bliniks "slowly". When I press one that has been set, it blinks "rapidly".

My Super Duty just stays lit solid. No blinking at all.

I tried pressing the LiftMaster learn button before matching to no avail.

I think I have a defective Homelink device from Ford. Shoot! First defect. I was expecting no problems.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:20 PM

Your truck fits in the garage?!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbj216 View Post
Today I tried my wife's vehicle with Homelink. When I press an "un learned" button it bliniks "slowly". When I press one that has been set, it blinks "rapidly".

My Super Duty just stays lit solid. No blinking at all.

I tried pressing the LiftMaster learn button before matching to no avail.

I think I have a defective Homelink device from Ford. Shoot! First defect. I was expecting no problems.
Here is the manufacturer of the system Ford uses. Some openers need a specific setup instruction or another transmitter needs installed on the opener. LearCar2U - Home

I had to do this with mine and it works fine now.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Premium Member

Only the middle button will program on mine. the outer two won't program for any doors. I also have a Liftmaster and I cleared all code on the openers.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davespark View Post
Your truck fits in the garage?!
Haha. Thats what I was thinking.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:51 AM

My Bad

I had my Super Duty in the dealer for its first oil change and to address my problem with the garage door opener. It would not "train" properly. The dealer tech said it must be working as it has power to it. He also referred me to the 1-800 number in the manual.

I researched this problem and found out Ford has two suppliers of garage door openers; Homelink and Lear Car2U. I read Homelink devices have ONE red LED, and Car2U have three. I had miss read the diagram in the manual and jumped to the conclusion that mine was a Homelink because our other vehicle has a Homelink.

Doh!

So, following the Car2U instructions in the manual, my unit responded perfectly and now opens my Liftmaster opener.

So now I can say I have found no defects in my new Super Duty from Ford. All systems operate well per the manual descriptions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.