Factory Stereo Sucks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Factory Stereo Sucks

I have a new 2012 XLT FX4 CREW CAB and I HATE the factory stereo. I am coming off a 2008 F-250 FX4 that had the 6 disc audiophile system. WHAT can I do to make this better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Don't you worry about it

Get a new head unit and some better speakers.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 AM

If I get a new head unit will I lose my free Sirius?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Don't you worry about it

Probably. You can also just get new speakers and add an amp to your factory unit.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:12 PM

I love when people comment with nothing to add. If you have nothing to contribute, just don't say anything. I guess post count means something to some people.

To get a better sound from factory stereo, you need to be more specific as to what you want. Louder, Bass, or quality of sound. For more Bass, you can replace the factory sub with a quality sub (JL is my personal favorite, around $80). Replacing the door speakers is a good start. Maybe a three way speaker(Start with Polk Audio, good price and sound great). To get louder, you will need more amplifier. That starts a whole different conversation.

Hope this HELPS and doesn't just rack up post count.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubamax View Post
I love when people comment with nothing to add. If you have nothing to contribute, just don't say anything. I guess post count means something to some people.

To get a better sound from factory stereo, you need to be more specific as to what you want. Louder, Bass, or quality of sound. For more Bass, you can replace the factory sub with a quality sub (JL is my personal favorite, around $80). Replacing the door speakers is a good start. Maybe a three way speaker(Start with Polk Audio, good price and sound great). To get louder, you will need more amplifier. That starts a whole different conversation.

I didn't think about what exactly I wanted until you said this. I really got use to good stereophonic sound in my last 250. I had the audiophile system in my last truck from Ford and loved it. I had the subwoffer from the factory in the back under the jump seat. The stereo as of now sounds like I am in a can. I have the bass and treble turned up all the way and have no tone what so ever. I want a crisp sound like I had from the Audiophile unit. I do also miss the thud from the bass at my back also. If I have to to pick one thing I do want it is that crisp sound.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Check into focal speakers, GREAT speakers, they're not cheap but hey these trucks aren't either.. Lamborghini or Ferrari isn't remember which one but they use focal for their speakers.

I have focals and they're bada$$!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Diesel Addict

Send a message via MSN to CanuckF350
Quote:

Since you don't care about post counts you better post again with links to sites to help him out even more
Old 12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Don't you worry about it

Quote:

Clearly you added so much more to this than I did. I said get new speakers and an amp and you said get new speakers and an amp. What would we do without you!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Oh come on now fellas this ain't House wives of New Jersey

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.