Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SYNC

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  TrickTruck 
#1 ·
I have a new 2012 I picked up this week. Its not my first vehicle with SYNC. Everytime I am on the phone I can hear the person on the other end but they have issues hearing me. Everyone says it sounds like static and it cuts in and out. Does anyone else seem to have this problem? The SYNC works fine with my phone in my wifes 2012 Edge and there is no problems. I am thinking its the truck but not sure. It also turns my phone on and off on a daily basis. Didn't have these problems before I got the truck.

#2 ·
Congrats on the new truck

My Synch's fidelity is fine on both ends

Only issue I have is it won't hang up - I always need to wait until the other party hangs up to end

#7 ·
Sorry, lol. What type of phone do you have? I don't have the problem you described with my iPhone 5. Maybe you could try forgetting Sync from you phones list of paired devices, and forgetting your phone from the list of sync devices. After that reconnect to bluetooth and see if you still have the same problem.

#9 ·
pull the sync fuse out of the passenger kick panel, then re-add your phone as a bluetooth device.

#12 ·
The disconnecting problem is due to the phonebook. If you have links to facebook in there and any duplicate entries it will barf Sync's download feature and disconnect the phone. Ford knows and has a little workaround tool on their Sync site, but they have not fixed the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.