Sub Wiring Help Needed - LOCs? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sub Wiring Help Needed - LOCs?

I am going to be putting a sub in my truck and have factory Nav. I have the sub and amp picked out, and I am going to build a box for them. I will get a sub wiring kit to power the amp.

But my questions are,
1. I need a line out converter, but what would be a good one to buy and where do I wire it in? I think I have read to wire it before the factory speaker amp located under the dash is that correct?

2. Where do I tap into for the On/Off signal wire for the amp?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This is the sub I will be using
Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-12 Punch Stage 3 shallow-mount 12" subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com
Along with this amp
Rockford Fosgate T500-1bdCP Power Series mono sub amplifier — 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com
Put into a home made 1 ft^3 box
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 05:26 PM

I'm pretty sure the line out converters are pretty similar in sound quality. Ive used two different brands and they both worked fine and were about 30 bux each. You will have to wire the line out converter to your speaker output wires coming out of the harness as you stated, before amplifier. AS far as key on power I couldn't find it in my stereo harness with the stereo out, but I have been told by SREDMYER that there is key on power there. My amp has auto sensing turn on. I'll try and find the thread where he stated which wire it was. If you cant find it there, I remember seeing in the mini maxx instructions where the key on fuse is in the fuse box.

One more suggestion I have, if you are an audiophile, do a downfire box under the seat vs a box firing into the back of the seat. The bass quality is much better with the downfire from my experience in this truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 YNOT View Post
I am going to be putting a sub in my truck and have factory Nav. I have the sub and amp picked out, and I am going to build a box for them. I will get a sub wiring kit to power the amp.

But my questions are,
1. I need a line out converter, but what would be a good one to buy and where do I wire it in? I think I have read to wire it before the factory speaker amp located under the dash is that correct?

2. Where do I tap into for the On/Off signal wire for the amp?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This is the sub I will be using
Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-12 Punch Stage 3 shallow-mount 12" subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com
Along with this amp
Rockford Fosgate T500-1bdCP Power Series mono sub amplifier 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com
Put into a home made 1 ft^3 box
Old 12-03-2012, 05:43 PM

Thank you for the help. I want good sound, but I don't want to lose the cargo space under the seat, I carry way to much crap with me all the time, so behind the seat is my next best option.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the help. I want good sound, but I don't want to lose the cargo space under the seat, I carry way to much crap with me all the time, so behind the seat is my next best option.
YOu could always put whatever was going under the seat behind the seat
Old 12-03-2012, 06:12 PM

What do you think of this LOC, it has the remote amp turn on built into it to turn the amp on and off, do you think it would cause any problems?
PAC SOEM-T (soemt) Premium 120W, 2-Channel Adjustable Line Out
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 PM

Thats a good one. I used it on my last truck. worked great.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:10 PM

thank you for the help, I went ahead and ordered that one
Old 12-08-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
thank you for the help, I went ahead and ordered that one
Cool. Did you get a sub and box yet? If not, I'll sell you my behind the seat box and sub. It's made by spl2k and the sub is a JL 13tw5. I want to get a box that goes under the seat.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:16 PM

I am doing the same thing, but I don't have the nav setup just regular radio. Can anyone help me on where to tap into the speaker output wires? I don't really want to take the radio out to get to the wires in the back. Is there somewhere the wires are up above the pedals? Seems like it would be easier to get to there.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 AM

You could wire loc off of a door speaker, but it's really easy to take the factory stereo out. Probably easier to do that and run the rca's back to your amp than to take a panel off to get to the speaker at which point you risk breaking a tab or creating a rattle/squeak. Once you get the center bezel out of the dash there are 4 screws that hold the stereo in. On the main harness you will need to tap into the speaker wires, just google 2011 f-250 stereo harness to find out which ones are the speaker wires, I forgot which colors they are already. If you go to spl2k.com and make your way to the superduty page, it shows you how to take the bezel off to get to the stereo. Very simple and fast. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.