Door speakers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Door speakers

Which ones should I get? And when amp should I go with? I dont want to go crazy, I just want better sound. I know there are tons of different set ups I could go with, just wondering what yall think is the best bang for the moderate buck.
thanks,
brad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Look at the Polk Audio stuff. Great quailty and moderate price.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:21 AM

These.

DXi570 - Car | Polk AudioŽ
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Premium Member

thanks man. are these direct replacement for the stock speakers?
Old 12-23-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barobbin View Post
Which ones should I get? And when amp should I go with? I dont want to go crazy, I just want better sound. I know there are tons of different set ups I could go with, just wondering what yall think is the best bang for the moderate buck.
thanks,
brad
I know I'm a little late on this thread, but go to www.crutchfields.com for your speakers and other stuff. You can trust them for the product and for help getting your door panel off to replace them. The prices and selection can't be beat and they offer adapter plugs to fit. I also have two subwoofer contacts for you if you want them. One sits behind the rear seats the other sits inside the console if you have buckets. There is also one that sits behind the center console on the floor and can be color matched to your interior.

I don't work for Crutchfields.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugwump View Post
I know I'm a little late on this thread, but go to www.crutchfields.com for your speakers and other stuff. You can trust them for the product and for help getting your door panel off to replace them. The prices and selection can't be beat and they offer adapter plugs to fit. I also have two subwoofer contacts for you if you want them. One sits behind the rear seats the other sits inside the console if you have buckets. There is also one that sits behind the center console on the floor and can be color matched to your interior.

I don't work for Crutchfields.
U got my attention...who do u work for and what can u do to improve our systems?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Focal speakers > Polk

Old 01-01-2013, 11:20 AM

That's a lotta money for speakers but I also understand u get what u pay for.

You seem to be pretty savvy with this stuff. I'm def not. I saw where the micro sub from JL audio (8") has great reviews. Do u think I would be able to fit that sub behind my seat with minimal trimming?

I also have the 2011 nav system. How do u recommend me tying into the ford nav sync system?

Not trying to hijack the thread. Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I have experience with the stock sub or retrofitting an aftermarket in the stock housing. I think there's a few dudes on here that have done it, might wanna search for it? I know u can get an adapter to wire in a sub to the stock unit. It's made by PAC. called PAC link of something of that sort. I fit a 12" shallow mount kicker and kicker box I bought from crutchfield. Just trimmed the carpet paneling behind the seat. Fit perfectly, no loss of function of moving of the seats.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonw2 View Post
U got my attention...who do u work for and what can u do to improve our systems?

I'm just a consumer like you. But I have upgraded many cars that I have owned through the years. Auto manufacturer's have made upgrading, except for speakers, almost impossible due to systems like Sync for Ford and Bose for GM. Those add-ons are the most difficult and Crutchfield has been trying to provide systems that add to the factory radio's without having to scrap the radio's. The amount of money that manufacturers charge for marginal sound is a rip-off. If you can buy a car without any radio, NAV or speakers, you can very easily make your car sound ten times better for about the same cost and have much more capability including an internet hotspot and video in the dash.

I think the easiest and most cost effective project you can do is change the speakers. They are easy to do and the cost is not bad. The second thing you can do for better sound is to add a subwoofer with minimal cost with a gigantic change in sound. Unless you're a sound purist, that is all you need to upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.