Aftermarket alarm system - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket alarm system

Got a 2012 350 6.7 cc srw with about every option. My last 350 was stolen and totaled. I want to employ a multi-level security system in this new truck...something to tell me if someone be messing around with my truck so I can visit them with the .45. Anyone have any experience installing a viper or compustar system with two way paging? Anyone know where I could maybe get some installation help in the form of wiring diagrams or other info?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 07:15 PM

i cant tell u anything about that but u should start with a lowjack system
Old 06-28-2012, 03:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've got other systems that are redundant that make it nearly impossible to start the truck. I want a warning system to tell me if its being drug onto a flatbed or compromised in another way Thieves see any large screen on the dash and they start salivating.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Clifford two way here with tilt sensor for the wheels, prox sensor for cab, piezio siren inside the cab (intensely painful), jimmi jammers on all doors, door key lock removed with plug. I could go a couple more levels but the key is to make your truck a difficult target and hopefully they move to the next vehicle that is easy pickens. Someone looks in my windows it will let you know to move on to an easier target. Had the Clifford professionally installed but Jimmi Jammers, tailgate keeper installed by me. I display the Jimmi Jammer stickers on the driver window above the door handle hoping they see it knowing it won't be a quick punch the lock or pry the door handle out 15 sec job and move on. Ravelco and a LoJack would be the next levels.

Vehicle Security and Theft Prevention Devices

Last edited by cjf250sd11; 06-29-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.